Chapter 11: Mind

Grayheart's POV:

I know I'm in the rogues camp now, but I don't really want to be here. So I decided to explore the edge of the territory. Then I walk all the way there. 

I sniffed the border. Hmm... Seems as the whole land beyond it is a boundary. It doesn't belong to anyone. Then I saw a glimpse of a pelt in the distance. I wonder who that is... But I decided that it must be a rogue which lowered my eagerness. The cat looked pelted with blood. But details are hard to detect. He or she might have gotten into a fight or something.

But I padded around the border looking around. Then I felt a sudden loss of ground beneath my paws and fell. Oh no! I fell in a hole in the ground. Must be a fox's den. StarClan, their dens are deep. But foxes are big, though. Makes sense. 

I fell unconscious as I hit the hard ground. It was dark all of a sudden. Then I heard a voice whisper in my ear, "Don't worry, I will take you to somewhere safe." But I didn't even try to struggle. I couldn't move. Then I felt sharp teeth at my scruff. I let whoever it is carry me even though strangers can't be trusted. But this stranger seemed to be a nice one: eager to help when they just see me collapsing into the den. 

"Don't mind me carrying you," The tom whispered as he dragged me across the grass. Where will he take me? So I relaxed as he dragged me.

A little later I realized he was still carrying me. Wherever he's taking me, must be far. I blinked open and narrowed my eyes in exhaustion. "Who are you?" My voice croaked.

"That doesn't really matter," The tom answered. I still didn't get a good glimpse of him. "What matters now is for me to set you down somewhere to rest."

Then we finally reached a tree, and he set me down on some soft bracken to rest as I closed my eyes again. I realized I was bleeding from my leg. That fall must've injured me that bad! 

"I'll go hunt for you," I heard the tom mew. I was too injured to look at him. He's really nice, though. 

Later, I scented the warm scent of mouse and that's when my mouth watered. "Here ye go," He mewed as he set the prey down. I then open my eyes, and I saw... And I saw the tom.