5. D's Are The Devil.

I hope you guys like this! Hasn't been proof read nor have I edited it! Next chapter will be the anticipated chapter of PROM! Anyway! I'm Semi-Hiatus if you guys don't know since I'm in the middle of my finals. I'll upload what I can when so please don't be so harsh on this chapter! I tried to  make it longer but you know...my minds' in the gutter. 

Anyway, hope you still like it and Comment, Vote and Fan! x

Picture at the side is of Juliets' dad James Sr. (Sr. because her brother is James Jr.)
Video/Song at the side is Taylor Swifts' new song 'The Lucky One' from her fourth album RED. I thought it fit how Jules feels in this chapter. Decipher the lyrics, see if you understand how she feels. 
Chapter dedicated to: LALAMUSICISME

 Copyright Protected Hilda Therese [FallenInfinityBooks] 2012   ©
_______________________

5.      D's Are The Devil
 ♚ Juliet’s POV ♚

I was beginning to regret telling Karen that I was going to the Fall Fling with her. I’d never been to an American dance since I’d skipped it last year but I had to prove a point to my father. It was the reason I stood half naked in front of a mirror whilst having dress after dress thrown over the door for me by my best friend. You could say Karen was more than a little ecstatic about my decisions on coming to the Fall Fling and she was not only in process of elimination for my dresses but also for my date.

So the two D’s were the devil. Dresses and Dates. I clenched my fists as Karen threw another dress at me—this wasn’t half bad, a soft shade of yellow that didn’t resemble a daisy or sunshine—no, this dress was shimmering a soft gold. But still—beautiful as it was…it wasn’t for me. “K, I don’t think any of the dresses fit the ‘Prom’ file. None of these are me. Maybe this was a moronic idea.”

The door suddenly opened revealing my best friend looking more than pissed. God—these days she was more hormonal then ever—ate more often and skipped Gym Class for the Nurses’ Office. It made me wonder if she was…knocked up. I knew she and Steven were sexually active…I mean ‘duh’, the way those two were always eating each others’ faces it was obvious enough. But I knew Karen was smarter than that—to get knocked up at senior year with your football-playing-boyfriend was so cliché. But if it was Karen and Steven…it would be sweet. I guess.

I decided to keep my mouth shut though and keep the question for later on as Karen was telling me off about finding a dress;

 “—is a once in a lifetime dance, Jules!” I looked at her for a long time in a ‘What’s sort of way before she gasped, catching on to the fact that I was barely listening to her. “Oh no you didn’t! You spaced out when I was talking didn’t you?!” She asked, pointing a finger at my chest.

I sighed—of course Karen was worried about dresses. It was pretty hard to get out of Kenilworth and find a dress that someone else hasn’t already got. And no girl wants to be caught in the same dress as another girl. Comparisons would be made and claws would be out. I wish I could get a dress made. I sighed, knowing I would be able to do it if I were back home. Suddenly a thought popped in my head. I felt as if there were bulb in my head that suddenly went off. Eureka! “Well I had to since I noticed something rather…peculiar about you. But I’ll save that thought for later. I know this is stupid and my father will probably have my head for it but I just had the most brilliant idea!” I shouted, feeling giddy.

“Okay relax, breathe—you’re hyper and Juliet Princeton is never hyper.”

“You know that isn’t really my last name.” I pointed out, feeling sidetracked. She always used my ‘full name’ when she was trying to actually get my attention. “You know I don’t really have a last name and that’s only a cover up.”