Prologue

6 years ago~

There it was. A normal day in Ikebukuro. And there he was. Orihara Izaya. He knew everything and everyone even thought he was still in high school. He could predict any human's reactions at any time. He often kills time, when he had nothing else to do, making Shizuo angry and then running from him.

Today wasn't any different. He made Shizuo angry by saying something about his brother and now the black haired boy was slightly escaping the sights and vending machines that the blond man in blue school uniform was throwing at him. For about a second Izaya made it to hide behind a small building's edge. He was now bored and just looked around himself just to find that he was in a dead end road. He released a sight. Something slowly moved next to him. A normal human would never sense that, but oh well, nothing can pass by Izaya. He looked down at his left and saw something covered with a black jacket. He hadn't sense that it was raining until he saw the little drops bump over the thing next to him. Orihara gave the unknown subject a strong kick that made the poor thing fly about a meter away from his old position. It felt on the ground as it clenched in pain. The black jacked was now on the ground not covering the subject anymore. Izaya was rater shocked when he saw a girl lying in front of him. "About 12 years old I guess"- Orihara thought.

She was quite thin with pale skin, almost white, covered now only with a blue blouse with long sleeves. Her clothes, along with her, were soaked from the rain and the girl shivered from the cold she felt. She didn't know the boy. She didn't knew anyone. Just the way nobody knew her. Living on the street was her every day life from 3 years now. Nobody ever noticed her and she was okay this way. Being completely alone was something she was used to. Her white hair was a huge dirty mess. The man got closer to the girl and squatted in front of her lying body.

"Huh? And if this isn't interesting..." the broker said as he grabbed the girl's chin, between his thumb and index finger, and lifted her from the ground forcing her to look at him. Her left eye was red and her right-blue. Without even a little glimmer or shine in them. They were blank. Izaya had never seen human's eyes so... empty? That's when he thought that she wasn't human. And since she wasn't human he wasn't supposed to love her as he loved his other humans - was what he thought. But what was she really? - is the one thing he never thought.

"Do you have a name?" he asked not letting go of her hair. The girl just shook her head which he accepted as "no" . In his mind flew the thought that she may not understand him.

"Do you understand me?" he asked. This time the girl nodded.

"Do you have a family? Or any kind of siblings?" he kept asking now sure that she understands him. She shooked her head once again in a no. The black haired man smirked.

"Then you'll come with me." He smiled as he reached out for her little hand as he held her cold one in his warm one. "He is a good person"- she thought. She didn't know that she was completely wrong but, oh well; she was going to find out way too soon.