Chapter 1: Living like this

6 years after they met~ 

Alice shivered when she heard the door of the apartment being unlocked. Was she scared that someone is going to kidnap her or that someone would burst into the apartment and rob him? No. The only one coming into the apartment this late was Izaya. She knew that. Even so, every time he got home she trembled in fear. In fear from him. Will he be angry or annoyed? If he was it never ended up well for her. He would always beat her up just to let go his anger. But it didn’t end up well even if he was in a good mood so it doesn’t matter anymore.

 She was his personal toy. And she knew that way to well. Even so she couldn’t escape. He gave her a home, warmth and food… and most of all she wasn’t alone anymore. That’s why she never even tried to escape. The girl was afraid of Izaya but she was even more afraid of being alone again.

The door opened and the informant broker went in. He took off his black jacket and put it on the hanger. Alice only stared blankly at the window as she sat on the black couch hugging her knees and pressing her legs closer to her body. The lights in the apartment were off but Izaya turned them on. The young man slowly got to his desk and turned on his computer while sitting on his chair. The eyes of the white haired girl were now on him. He looked at her and their eyes met. Orihara looked away immediately. He often looked in her eyes just for a second. Just to check if they weren’t as empty as before. Once he was sure that there is shine in them he would look away.

 He opened the chat room and just started chatting with Setton and Taro Tanaka as the girl again looked at the night view of the town.

“Aren’t you hungry?” the raven haired man asked ending the silence that till now lay in the room. He knew that she hasn’t eaten anything since breakfast. And the time now was 11pm. She shook her head.

“For the thousand time…Say it with words, Alice. With words!” he said annoyed.

“I’m not hungry.” She said with a quietly. Her voice was husky from not talking all day. She had such a beautiful and gentle voice even thought Izaya didn’t get to her it often. 

“Then cook something for me.” He ordered.

“And you better change your mind now or you’ll stay hungry till tomorrow.”  The girl didn’t say a thing. “Make me an omelet then” She stood up from the couch as she slowly walked to the kitchen. “Hurry up or ill die from hunger!” the man yelled laughing behind her as she closed the kitchens door. She was used for him to make fun of her. But it was ok. Everything was ok.

After she made the omelet she putted the dish in front of him on his desk. The girl slowly started to back away when he stopped her.

“Oi where do you think your going?” he asked while cutting his omelet. She didn’t answer.

“I really think that you forget how to speak at times.” He laughed. “Here” he said waving his hand holding the fork with a piece of omelet on it. “Eat.” He ordered as she leaned close and took the piece of omelet in her mouth and swallowed it. The girl backed of again. Izaya again laughed at her. “You know what. Today a big deal with one of the biggest dealers failed. You know why? Because of you of course.” he pointed her. “I was thinking if you weren’t hungry and I messed up with them.” Of course he lied. She knew that. But every single time he blamed her for something that she wasn’t even apart of, she accepted it. She ALWAYS accepts it was her fault.  And he was aware of that.

“Tomorrow Ill be out just the morning so ill be here for lunch.” Izaya said as he finished his omelet and Alice took the empty dish from his desk. She putted it in the sink and got back in the room that Izaya was in.

“Can I go to bed?” the girl asked quietly.

“No” the man smirked. “Don’t you think that you forget to say something to me?”  the man asked and his eyes now were on her. She looked at her black and blue striped socks. She shook her head once again. The man got up from his chair and leaned closer to her. He stopped in front of her. “ Liar.” He said as he grabbed her hear and made her look at him. “Think again. ” he ordered. “You chatted to Shizuo on your phone last day didn’t you?” she nodded. Izaya forbade her to chat with his enemy. She was aware from that. But she was alone and didn’t want to fell lonely so she chatted with the blond.

“You can’t do that.” He said as he slapped the girl and threw her at the wall. Once Alice hited the wall she felt on her knees without making a sound. She was used to it. Always biting her tongue not letting him be pleased with hearing her scream in pain.

“Tc. Not screaming again huh? Oh gosh.”   He looked down on the girl. He kicked her in the stomach. She felt on the ground with her hands crossed in front of her stomach. The only sound she bade was like a dog whimper. He leaned closer to her and sat on the ground next to the white haired. He grabbed her chin looking in her eyes even thought she didn’t wanted to meet his so she stared at her left side.  

“You really aren’t human. There is no human as ugly as you.” He laughed. “And with such… awful eyes. I really hate you, you know right? ” The girl nodded.

“Can I go to bed now?” she asked with a little bloody trail coming down from her mouth to her chin. The man fake pouted.

“How boring.” The broker said letting go of her chin and walking away.

Alice got to her room. Closing the door she leaned back against it and slowly sank to the ground. With her legs crossed , she hugged her knees and rested her head on them. Slowly tears began to drip one by one from her eyes and broke on the carpet. Again she didn’t make a sound.

How long can she take living like this?

~Author's note~

Ok guys this is my first chapter from my first story ;) If you like the story and want it to continue please comment and give me your opinions. If there is something that you don’t like just let me know ;)