First entry

Dear Diary,                                                                                    August  1, 2017

Well today I found out that I am a witch and my mom is a witch too and my dad is a wizard. They thought it would be better not to tell me until I got my letter for Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry that I got today by an owl, and it's still weird and funny how they named a school after a pig's disease. I am still mad at them for keeping this a secret from me.

They also explained that since my dads a pureblood which I had them explain that they told me I am a half blood since my moms is a muggleborn they explained that to me too. So that explains how I made a cookie float to me when I was little. But I am excited to make new friends at Hogwarts even though I will be far from my family at least I won't have to deal with dad yelling at me and his mental health stuff so ya.

But how am I going to keep my secret of being a mermaid because every time I touch water I grow my tail in ten seconds and how will I tell Mariah and Cindy and Keith about Hogwarts since mom said that they could know since they aren't really classified as muggles. I had to ask mom what muggles meant. So how will I tell them when I see them at Mako in the moon pool tomorrow. That's going to be fun. And mom told me that she will tell the headmaster about my secret and she said the headmaster "is" trustworthy.

But I am not letting my guard down though just to be safe. But I will trust her on it. She also said that he will make sure that my dorm will have curtains that close magically during the full moon and won't open until the moon goes down. So that's good. But I am worried if one of my dorm mates will find out my secret.

But if I have to I will tell my dorm mates since we will have the same dorm mates unless we have to switch dorms and roommates. If I do, let's hope they don't gossip and spread secrets or rumors. And mom said that I will be sorted into a house either Grifindor or Ravenclaw or Slytherin Or Hufflepuff. She said that I would most likely be either Slytherin Or Hufflepuff because of how my personality is. And she also said that we would be getting my school supplies at Diagon Alley. Which it seems like it would be a lot of fun. Well I should go to bed now.

Sincerely,

Hannah Kent