{1} the sick girl

(Val's pov)

Ever since i was a little girl, I had been in the hospital.

I've never been able to play any sports.

I couldn't go to regular school because I'd miss too many days being in the hospital.

I've graduated now and I'm now in online college, I want to become a therapist some day.

If I'm still alive by then

____________

"VALIA! ARE YOU UP?" My mother yelled from downstairs

I sighed and walked down to the living room

"Oh good, you have two hours or so until we need to leave." She said as she drank her coffee

This doctor in Los Angelest that specializes in my type of cancer wanted to run tests and trials

I would be there for a few months because they can't just run ten tests a day on me, so we're moving there.

I didn't want to try chemotherapy, I'm not sure why but it terrifies me.

I didn't want to lose my hair and look even more sickly.

North haven, Maine to Los Angeles, California

2,693 miles

Going from population 500 or so to 4 million

"I'll go shower then, I already packed last night." I mumbled as I walked off

Showering was my only safe place, nobody could be in there with you.

Mom wouldn't bother me with questions on how I'm feeling.

I let all my worries wash down the drain for a short amount of time.

But when I got out

Reality always hits me when I look in the mirror.

My hair had started to thin out, not horribly but not near a thick as it used to be.

My eyes were darkened underneath, I sleep but it doesn't look like it.

I had scars on my body from surgeries, I have bruises on my wrists from getting blood drawn.

I've always bruised easily and in sports especially.

My skin was pale, it always seemed like I was sick with a cold.

My cheeks were rosy though, I had a bit of color from that.

Compared to my mother, she's rosy tan and in her eyes you see life.

In mine..

You see sadness, death, coldness and pain.

Or so I've been told.

I had now gotten dressed and walked out to see my younger brother playing with his friend from next door.

I've never liked making friends or really kept them, I didn't want them to feel pain for when I die.

I knew I'd die but not exactly when

It could be tomorrow or in three years?

it's only a matter of time until my body gives out

I really only agreed because of my mom, I'm not sure how she'd handle me dying.

"Okay children, it's time to go." My mother yelled

My two siblings walked out the door while I stood just looking at everything.

My childhood home

"You coming dear?" My mother asked as she stood in the door way

I nodded and walked out with my suitcase.

________
A/N

This chapter was short because it's like a trial for you all, you get to decide if you want to continue this story with me!

Normal chapters will for sure be way longer, but I wanted to introduce the main character.

We won't meet griffin for awhile, like at least two more chapters because I want to build up Val and not focus on romance or friendship.

There will be a Q & A soon, it'll be only focused on Val because there isn't many characters introduced. She will be answering them, but I'm only picking 10 or so for her to answer.

so ask your questions here:

Questions? <3

You can ask about her condition, her home life, about her doctors, simple questions like favorite color ect.

If you haven't been told lately, I love you and I'm super proud of you! Keep going, it gets better <3

1.2.20

See you in the next chapter