What of Her

"Sarah!" Jareth roared, running over to where the shrouded wraith had been. No trace of her remained. He crumpled down on the hill, every thought beginning to go numb.

...

"Where is the king? Has anyone seen him?" A blonde-haired woman ran through the halls, holding her jeweled skirts above her feet.

"Shadow King?" A thin goblin, hidden in a planter, stuck his face out. The lady jumped.

"I can't find anyone anywhere, and I'm looking for the king, and I was waiting with Lord Herkon, and-," she babbled, hardly able to draw breath.

"Calm down, Anisse. He went to look for his bride." A tiny voice startled her, and when she turned around, she looked deep into eyes red as blood.

...

Sarah cried out as shackles appeared around her ankles. Her arms were full with Toby.

"Where am I?" Her own words echoed, and she resisted the urge to scream as loud as possible.

The worst part about this was that she couldn't see. The room was pitch-black. Toby was sleeping at the moment, but he would soon wake up.

"Hush, little princess. Don't you cry. You are where you belong."

"Who are you? Dammit, let me go!"

"But why? Here you can be happy, here you can stay forever!" The voice was like nails on a chalkboard. It was cold as ice. It surrounded her, not present, but always there.

"I know who you are," Sarah growled. "I know exactly who you are!" There was a pause in the conversation.

"Oh? I highly doubt it."

"You're him, aren't you? You're the Goblin King."

"The king? I am.. king, yes." Sarah was filled with rage.

"So it wasn't enough that you stole Toby twice, you had to do the same to me, didn't you? You locked me up in a dungeon for who-knows-what reason, knowing full well that-" she took a deep breath. "That you have NO POWER OVER ME!"

Toby started to wail, and Sarah pushed his mouth into her shoulder to muffle the sound. However, the damage was done.

"Who is that? What have you got?"

"It was me, I cried!" Sarah covered desperately, but Toby chose that moment to wail over her pleads.

"It's a babe." She felt strong arms rip him out of her own, and the young woman lashed out her hands.

"You SON OF A BITCH! JARETH, I AM GOING TO KILL YOU!"

...

The Goblin King's chest tingled. She'd said his name. It snapped him to his senses, and he pulled an orb out of thin air.

"Show me Sarah," he ordered. The glass filled with murky shadows. Wherever she was, she wasn't in the Labyrinth. I've damned her! What kind of king can't even protect the woman he loves?

It was his fault, and he knew it. I told her to leave, and leave she did. The helpless babe went with her. Sarah is gone because of me.

...

---

I'm always trying to write, believe me. I love your feedback, and I love your love! But please... don't beg for updates ten minutes after I post. If I don't post for like a month (won't happen), then let the begging commence.

It isn't just one person, so don't think I'm singling anyone out. Several people have done this, and while I'm glad you like my stories, it does anger me.

Whew. I'm sorry about the mini-rant. I love you all, so very much, and I'm doing my best to update.

If you ever hate waiting for me, read these books by these authors--

Son of Sauron (or any book) by @AloraGreenleaf

(Any of the Warrior Cat books) by @CrazystarThunderClan

The Russet Nightingale by @TheRussetNightingale (previously known as sunlightz)

(Any book) by @HaileeCreston
(Any Labyrinth book by) @CeliciaLeigh

The Tale of Two Queens by @Skylinger

(Any book) by @JeanGrey_

Most of all, read Forfeit of Dreams by K.L. Morgen. She isn't on Wattpad, she's on AOOO. It's the best story I've ever read. It captures Jareth in the most perfect way. No lemons, plenty of drama, and perfection. I've taken to calling it "The Book".