CHAPTER 2

chapter 2

nini pov -

"I KNOW" i say in response to kourtney as we are talking about me and rickys weird encounter today at breakfast.
i'm at lunch and i see ricky across the cafeteria but i refuse to make eye contact. i DON'T want another awkward moment.
"i think the real question is, how did it make you feel?" says kourt.
"w- what do you mean?" i say.
"you know what i mean." she says.
"i mean , i don't know. of course i miss him but we had such an unhealthy relationship and i love ej."
"you just admitted you missed him, nini. that's saying a lot" kourtney says smiling.
"i mean, i guess." i say worried about how i'm feeling.
"ooo, our next class is with ricky. bet you're happy about that."
"kourtney, stop. i don't like ricky. i'm with ej and i've been over ricky for a while. i just miss what we had. but me and ej are getting there." i say.
"whatever you say. but when you come to me talking about how much you love ricky i'm going to say i told you so." kourt says while laughing.
"that's not going to happen" i say.

*bell rings for 5th period*

ricky pov -

i walked into biology and went over to my desk. my lab partner is big red and as soon as i sit down he asks me -
"what was going on with nini at breakfast today?"
"OMG DID EVERYONE NOTICE THAT? IT WAS LIKE 3 SECONDS." i shout.
the biology teacher stares at me and i say "sorry" in a very embarrassed tone.
"i was sitting at the table next to you ej and nini with ashlyn. of course i saw it." big red whispers.
i look behind me and there's nini. we make eye contact once again and she smiles. i smiled back. it made me so happy...

nini pov -

kourtney and i walk into biology quietly and take our seats. we open our books and start working on the assignment. in front of me i hear ricky and big red talking (not that i was eavesdropping...). of course. they were talking about ricky and i at breakfast.
"OMG DID EVERYONE NOTICE THAT? IT WAS LIKE 3 SECONDS." ricky says.
i look at kourt very embarrassed.
"bahahaha" kourtney laughs hysterically.
"kourtney, shutup" i say seriously.
"sorryyy." she says sarcastically.
all of a sudden i feel eyes on me and i look up. it's ricky. staring at me. i smile at him and he smiles back causing me to get butterflies.
"i saw that" kourt says very happily.
"omg, wutttt?" i say.
"don't act stupid. i saw that smile."
"it was nothing. i didn't want him to just stare at me. i had to do something."
"i've only ever seen you smile like that to ricky. that's a big deal nini."
"you're making a big deal out of nothing." i say.
"no i'm not. girl, you love him. you just don't want to admit it."
"kourt, i'm with ej. we are happy. i don't love ricky. a smile is just a smile."

rickys pov -

"woah. that smile." big red says.
"big red, shut up." i say.
"I KNEW IT." he whisper yells.
"knew what?"
"you still like her, don't you?" he says.
"umm.. no. i'm with gina. she's with ej."
"that doesn't mean anything." he says.
"yeah right." i say sarcastically. "i like gina and only gina."
"whatever you say ricky."

*bell rings (class ends)*

nini pov -

"come on, let's go." i say, rushing kourtney.
i was trying to get out of class before ricky did so nothing awkward happened.
"quit rushing me. i have study hall next period. i won't be late." she says.
"kourtney, just come on."
"oh i know what you're doing"
ricky was still getting his stuff together.
"hey ricky, come here." kourtney says making me gasp.
"kourt, what are you doing?" i whisper yell before he makes his way over to us.
"what's up" says ricky.
"oh nothing, i was just heading out but nini wanted to talk to you about something. right nini?" says kourtney.
"uh.. yea" i reply looking at ricky.
"oh, okay." ricky says.
kourtney speed walks out of the class as big red follows.
"so, what do you wanna talk about?" ricky asks.
"oh.. the.. uhh.. the homework."
"there is no homework for this class."
"oh, right yeah."
"nini, what's going on."
i grab the necklace i was wearing and start
fidgeting with it.
"there is something i wanna talk about." i say.
"okay, go ahead." he says.
"this morning at breakfast-"
i get cut off by the sound of gina coming in to meet up with ricky.
"hey babe." gina says. "oh hey, nini."
"oh hey." ricky replies.
"also, nini, about this morning. it's totally fine. nothing serious. bye!!" ricky says.
"oh.. yeah. nothing serious. totally." i say. "bye."
ricky and gina walk out of the room. i grab my stuff and walk out slowly to prevent from walking directly behind them. i turn to my right and run into the girls bathroom holding back tears. i get my phone out of my backpack and open my messages. i start typing a text to ej.

text to ej: ej, i'm so sorry but we need to

i was interrupted by the bell ringing. i make my way out of the bathroom trying to get to my next class. i put my phone away before finishing my text to ej.

word count - 916