CHAPTER 7

nini pov -

"i think i still like ricky. i don't think i ever stopped. i was really hurt when we broke up and honestly don't think i ever fell out of love." i tell my moms.
"i'm sorry honey. maybe you should talk to him about it." one of my moms say causing me to chuckle.
"absolutely not. i don't think he likes me."
"i still think you should talk to him. get it off your chest." one of my moms say.
"i don't know yet. thanks for listening by the way." i say as i'm ready to get up and go upstairs.
i walk up the stairs and walk into my room.
"love you honey." i hear my moms say from downstairs.
"love you too." i tell so they can hear me.
i sit down on my bed and grab my ukulele and a notebook. i attempt to write a song to get out my feelings which is what i do when i'm upset.

*2 hours later*

"i've spent the past 2 hours trying to write this dumb song and i don't have anything to show for it." i say as i'm on facetime with kourtney.
"maybe you should go somewhere to get your mind off things and clear your head then write the song."
"the songs about my feelings, how will that help?"
"just trust me nini. try it."
"okay, i'll call you later." i say.

ricky pov -

"finally, what is that supposed to mean?" i say in response to big red as we're talking about nini.
"finally you admit it. i've been waiting for this for like a week."
"whatever big red. it's not really a joke you know?" i say.
"yeah i know which is why i'm glad you finally admitted it because now you need to go talk to nini."
"no. she doesn't like me anymore. what's the point?"
"what if she does though?" big red says.
"i know she doesn't big red, it's obvious."
"how is it obvious?" he asks.
i explain to him what happened with gina and nini today at school.
"i broke up with gina with her and she laughed when she thought that was the reason so i had to lie and switch the subject." i say.
"well maybe she-"
"big red just stop. she doesn't like me." i say.
"okay.. well i have to go. i need to get home for dinner." he says.
"okay, i'll see you at school tomorrow." i say.
big red gets up and leaves and i stay sitting on my bed thinking.

nini pov -

i go downstairs and tell my moms i'm out to get things off my mind.
"okay, be back in an hour for dinner!" one of my moms say.
"okay, can i have the keys?"
"yeah sure, they're on the table by the couch."
"okay thanks, love you!"
"love you too honey."

i walk out of my front door wondering where i should go. i mean i can't go too far. i have to be back in hour. i get in my moms car and start driving. i stop by the park i used to play at when i was a kid before everything got so crazy. i sit on one of the benches and watch the little kids play which might sound a bit creepy but it made me happy. even though they were strangers, i didn't want them to become teenagers and have first loves. life's gets too complicated after that. i don't want them to be unhappy with themselves because they don't have someone else to tell them they are beautiful anymore... well at least not the person they want to call them beautiful.

*FLASHBACK* nini pov - (while ricky and nini are dating)

"heyy, i got you coffee." ricky says to me as he walks in my room before school.
"thanks ricky." i say smiling.
i sit down at my vanity to fix my hair. i start to brush it not knowing what to do with it.
"you're so pretty." ricky says.
"not really but thank you!"
"no you are. i look at you everyday and think about how lucky i am to be dating someone as kind and beautiful as you."
"omg ricky. thank you. i love you."
"i love you more nini."
i finish my hair and get up to grab my bag. i hold his hand as we walk downstairs.
"bye, moms!" i say.
"bye honey, bye ricky." they say.
"bye." he says smiling.
we walk out the front door and get into his car and drive to school.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

nini pov continued -

i was so happy with ricky except for when all the arguing started but even then i was still in love. i still am.

*20 minutes later*

i've been sitting here for about 30 minutes so i get up and get in my moms car and start to drive home so i'll be home in time for dinner. as i'm driving i pass the dollar tree so i pull into the parking lot and park. i walk in to grab some snacks. i go down each aisle to see what i want and i end up with chips, chocolate, and donuts. i check out, walk outside, and get back into my moms car and head home.

*10 minutes later*

i pull into my driveway, get out of the car, and lock the doors. as i walk in i say to my moms "i'm home."
they didn't say anything back so i go upstairs and sit my stuff down and go back downstairs. i walk into the living room and sat the keys down and out of the corner of my eye i see my moms sitting at the kitchen table talking. i walk over to investigate.
"what's wrong? you guys look tense."
"we'll explain in a second."
"uhh.. okay."
i get the dinner table ready for us to eat. as i'm about to sit down i hear some noise coming from the bathroom by the kitchen.
"who's in the bathroom?" i ask my moms.
"um-." they start to say as the bathroom door opens up.
the bathroom door fully opens and i look to see him standing there looking like he just got done crying.
"ricky?" i say. "what's wrong? why are you here and why do you look like you just got done crying?"
"nini... it's my parents again. it's really serious this time." he says, a tear rolling down his cheek.
"it's okay, we'll get this figured out." my moms say.
"i really hope so." ricky says as i look at him still confused.

word count - 1106

ℎ𝑜𝑝𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑒𝑛𝑗𝑜𝑦𝑒𝑑 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 7! 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 8 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑏𝑎𝑏𝑙𝑦 𝑏𝑒 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑜𝑑𝑎𝑦 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑎 𝑝𝑜𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑏𝑖𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑦 𝑖𝑡 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑏𝑒 𝑡𝑜𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑜𝑤. ❤️