CHAPTER 12

nini pov - *end of school day*

i started to walk home from school still thinking about what gina said. i knew i still liked ricky. i knew i still had feelings but for some reason i was too scared to tell him and i don't know if it was because of gina or my breakup with ej. as i'm about to walk up to my driveway i get a text.

text from gina: I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU THINK YOU ARE BUT YOU WILL NEVER GET RICKY BACK AND I ONLY APOLOGIZED TO MAKE RICKY HAPPY. i beat you up once and i'm not afraid to do it again.

i didn't know how to reply so i just left her on read. i don't know if she's just crazy or if something really did happen between her and ricky. i wanted to get my mind off it so i texted my moms and told them i was going to kourtney's house for a little while. they told me it was okay. her house wasn't that far of a walk from mine so i headed that way. normally when i went to kourtney's house i just walked in and went up to her room. we were really close and her parents loved me.

*around 10 minutes later*

i walk into kourtney's house and say hi to her mom and dad before walking up to her room.
"hey nini." her parents say in unison.
i walk up to her room and open the door.
"hey kourt." i say.
she turns around not expecting me and replies with "oh hey nini."
"sorry. i know this is kind of random but i needed to get my mind off things and this was the first place i thought to go."
"mind off what things?" she asks.
"it's kind of a lot." i say.
"i have time. start talking."
i explain to her everything that has happened in the past few days with me, ricky, gina, and ej. it was so much i felt like i hadn't talked to her in months but in reality it had only been a few days.
"gina is a psycho." she says, making me chuckle.
"i mean yeah, duh. but what if something did happen between her and ricky?"i say.
"only one way to find out."
"you're right. i should talk to him, shouldn't i?"
"yes, you should nini. it might be weird but you have to find out the truth somehow."
i knew she was right so we say our goodbyes and i told her i was going to go to ricky's house and talk to him about it.
she walks me down the steps and to the front door.
"good luck." she says, as i walk out.
"thanks, i'll need it." i reply.
nervously, i start walking to ricky's house.

ricky pov -

i hear a knock on my door. my dad wasn't home so i went downstairs and opened it to see nini.
"uh. hey. i wanted to talk about something for a minute." nini says, nervously.
"okay." i say as i motion for her to come in.
we go upstairs and sit on my bed.
"did something happen between you and gina?" she asks me, making me confused.
"no, what do you mean?" i say.
"she texted me this really weird text."
she pulls out her phone and shows me the text making my jaw drop.
"oh my god. i promise nothing happened." i say, still shook because of what i read.
"okay, i believe you. i think she's just cr-" nini tries to say as my doorbell rings.
we both walk downstairs to get it. we open the door.
"speaking of the devil." nini mumbles, making me laugh out loud which made gina confused.
"ugh, you again." she says to nini.
"gina, what do you want?" i ask, wanting her to leave.
"we need to talk." she says.
she bumps into nini's shoulder as she pulls my arm up the stairs and to my room leaving nini downstairs. we both sit down on my bed.
"why are you with her? i don't understand what's so special about her." she says.
"first of all, we were just hanging out. she wanted to talk to me about something. and second of all, don't be rude." i say, raising my voice a little.
"i'm not being rude. i'm asking a genuine question and i want to know the answer."
"answer to what?" i ask.
"WHATS SO SPECIAL ABOUT HER?" she whispers yells. i guess she didn't want nini to hear and interrupt us.
"a lot. way more than you." i say, getting angry.
"whatever ricky. i know you're still in love with me. you just won't admit it yet." she says.
"i'm really not but okay." i say.
"whatever helps you sleep at night. but i'm gina porter and no one falls out of love with me that fast." she says.
"whatever gina." i reply.
"maybe this will help you realize." she says.
as i was about to say what she kissed me. she grabbed my face and kissed me just like she did when we were dating. she wouldn't let me pull away.
"oh..." i hear nini say, upset.
gina and i both jump up and end the kiss.
"nini, it's really not what it looks like." i say.
"what else could it be? i knew there was something going on." she says as she begins to tear up. i feel so guilty even though i tried my best to pull away and prevent it.
"i'm gonna go." she says as a tear rolls down her cheek. she walks out of my room and down the stairs and i hear her slam the front door behind her.

nini pov -

i knew it. i knew i wasn't stupid. that was so painful. i think i know why i was scared to get back with ricky bowen. i had trust issues. after all that arguing we did in our last relationship ship i didn't trust him anymore. but, i still wanted to be his friend and i still wanted to talk to him. he meant so much to me and he still does and he just ruined everything. him and gina porter.

i walk into my house and see my moms. my eyes were baggy from crying and my mascara was running.

i hurry up to my room so my moms didn't see that i was upset.

i was so heartbroken. i didn't know what to do so i did something out of impulse.

text to ricky: i really thought there was still something between us if i'm being honest but i guess i was wrong. i knew i wasn't stupid. i knew something was going on and i hate that i had to see it. don't talk to me ricky.

he replies a few minutes later.

text from ricky: nini, it's not like that. i don't like gina. she kissed me and i couldn't pull away. i'm sorry. i know it looks bad but i really didn't do anything.

i leave him on read not believing a word he texted me.

word count - 1193

𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 12! 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑖𝑠 𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑦 𝑗𝑢𝑖𝑐𝑦 𝑠𝑜 𝑖 ℎ𝑜𝑝𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑒𝑛𝑗𝑜𝑦𝑒𝑑. 𝑖 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑏𝑎𝑏𝑙𝑦 𝑏𝑒 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 13 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑤𝑒𝑒𝑘𝑒𝑛𝑑! 𝑇𝐻𝐴𝑁𝐾 𝑌𝑂𝑈 𝑆𝑂 𝑀𝑈𝐶𝐻 𝐹𝑂𝑅 3𝐾 𝑅𝐸𝐴𝐷𝑆!! 𝑖𝑡 𝑚𝑒𝑎𝑛𝑠 𝑎 𝑙𝑜𝑡! 🧸💛