CHAPTER 3

chapter 3

ricky pov -

i walk into my next class and head over to my seat thinking about nini and i's conversation last period. i don't know if i said what she wanted me to say. she seemed pretty upset.
"get out your book and open to chapter 7" my teacher says as i quietly sit down and get my stuff together.
i didn't have any friends in this class and gina was in study hall so i minded my own business during class and did my work. it was really hard to focus. i was thinking about nini the whole class and i don't know why.
"i think i should talk to her" i say in my head as class was about to end. the bell rings and i quickly grab my stuff and head out of class trying to find nini. as i'm walking past all the classrooms in the hallway i see nini walking in front of me about to turn the corner. i start speed walking to try and catch up with her. i tap on her shoulder and she turns around, clearly not expecting it to be me.

nini pov -

i'm walking to my final class of the day still upset about what happened early as i feel someone tap
on my shoulder. i turn around, expecting it to be ej or kourt and it was ricky.
"oh hey ricky." i say.
"hi. i think we need to talk"
"about what?" i ask.
"what happened earlier."
"at breakfast? we already talked about that. it was nothing."
"no, nini. it wasn't nothing." he says.
i look at him confused because of what he said.
"what do you mean?"
"i mean... it wasn't nothing. it was definitely something. i know it and you know it and apparently everybody else does to." says ricky.
"everybody besides ej and-" i say.
"ej what?" i hear the familiar voice coming from behind. i turn around to see ej smiling at me.
"hey babe" he says.
"hey..." i say.
"what's up? why'd you say my name?" he asks me.
i didn't know what to say so i turn around to look at ricky but he was already gone.
"oh umm.. we were just talking about you because... i was-"
"nini, are you good?"
"yeah, i'm totally fine. let's go."
"okay" he says clearly concerned.
"i promise i'm fine."
"i believe you nini."
we start walking down the hall as he leads me to my classroom.
"we are still meeting up at my place after school right?" he asks me.
"yeah, of course. i'll be there at 4."
"sounds good. i'll see you then."
"okay, bye." i say.
"bye, i love you."
"i love you too." i say not knowing if i meant it.

ricky pov -

"ej what" i hear ej say as he walks up towards me and nini. nini turns around and looks at him and starts talking. whatever they said i didn't hear because i ran off. as i'm walking towards my final class of the day i start thinking. thinking about nini. i see gina out of the corner of my eye run up to me. i face her and she gives me a big hug. a hug i'm not sure i enjoyed.
"how has your day been?" she asks me.
"good, except for the parts where you haven't been here." i lie.
"aweee, what's your next class?"
"english. you?" i ask.
"geometry" she replies.
"oh, here's my class. i'll see you later."
"okay bye baby." she says.
"bye."
i walk into class and see kourtney sitting at my table. i walk over and sit down.
"why are you over here? you never sit with me." i ask her.
"just wanted to talk about stuff." she replies.
"what stuff?"
"i'm sureeee you know." she says.
"i really don't."
"nini, slow one. i know you still like each other and i'm gonna get you to admit it."
"no we don't."
"yes you do"
"no we don't."
"whatever you say ricky, i know i'm not stupid. i see the way you look at each other. i've never seen that before with anyone else. for most of them time when you and nini dated she was the happiest i've ever saw her. she talked about you ALL the time and she was always so cheerful." kourtney says.
"she talked about me?" i ask, surprised.
"yeah, all the time."
"i didn't know that." i say, happy inside.
"well, now you do. can you just admit you still have some kind of feelings for her."
"i really don't kourtney. stop trying to be matchmaker."
"okay whatever." kourtney says, anger on her face.
i don't know why kourtney was so obsessed with nini and i. it's not like we still like each other. we just miss what we had i guess. nothing more.

right?

word count - 810
𝑠𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑖𝑠 𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑜𝑓 𝑏𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔. 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑛𝑒𝑥𝑡 𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔. 𝑎𝑙𝑠𝑜 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑡𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑡𝑜 @Freddielover27 𝑎𝑛𝑑 mackenziexduncan 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑎𝑑𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑖𝑟 𝑙𝑖𝑏𝑟𝑎𝑟𝑦. 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑘 𝑦𝑜𝑢!