CHAPTER 10

ricky pov -

"nini? what do you mean memories with nini?" i ask.
"you used to take pictures and stuff all the time and make me frame them ricky. you loved her."
i thought about that sentence before deciding what to say next.
"and you kept all of them?" i ask.
"yes, of course i did. i figured you would want to look back on them one day." he says, making me smile a little.
we start to look through the box. not going to lie, it was kind of awkward with my dad there.
"can i take this box up to my room and look through it? it feels like something i need to do alone."
"of course." my dad replies.
i pick up the box which was surprisingly heavy. i didn't expect there to be so much in it. i walk upstairs with it and put it on my bed. i start to look through it. most of the pictures are pictures of us while we were out somewhere. we used to do that a lot. use timer cam when we were out somewhere to take pictures. it was pretty funny. as i'm getting deeper into the box i see a picture i don't remember in a black frame. it was a picture of nini and i sitting on the couch putting together a scrapbook. our scrapbook.

*FLASHBACK* ricky pov (while ricky and nini are dating)

"i think we should make a scrapbook for us. like all of our pictures together." nini says to me as we are walking back to my house from the coffee shop down the street.
"that sounds like fun, we can do it when we get home. i'm sure there's some old scrapbook we can take pictures out of and use."
"okay." she says with a huge smile on her face.
i could clearly tell she was excited. once we got home we asked my dad if we could use an old scrapbook. he said yes so nini sat on the couch while i went up to my room to get pictures of us. i always printed out our pictures because i know nini loves it. i headed back downstairs after i got the pictures and sat on the couch with nini. we started to fill the scrapbook and decorate it. my dad had brought over markers and other crafty things so we could decorate. nini was having a blast and honestly i was too. as long as i was with her i was having a blast...

*END OF FLASHBACK*

ricky pov continued -

i guess my dad had taken the picture while we were making the scrapbook. i look at the picture for a minute. we were laughing and looking at each other. it was so obvious we were in love. i look down into the box and see the scrapbook. i start to look through it and for some reason i begin to cry. i don't know why it made me so emotional. i just hated looking at all those pictures and remembering the day we took them and the day we made this scrapbook. it all was overwhelming. i sat the scrapbook down and sat on my bed. i was still crying. i couldn't stop. i missed her so much.

nini pov -

once i got home from school i went into the kitchen to get a snack and went up to my room. i walk into my room and see a note on my bed. it was from my moms.

note: hey nini, me and mom went to the store to pick up a few things. we'll be back in a little bit. love you.

i move it to my nightstand and lay down on my bed. i ate my chips i got and started to think about me and rickys encounter today. in the midst of my thinking i hear the front door being knocked on so i walk downstairs. i open it and see ej standing there.

"uh- come in." i say.
he walks in clearly needing to tell me something.
"why are you here?" i ask.
"i needed to tell you this while i still can."
"okay. go ahead."
"i still love you nini. i miss you so much. i know you broke up with me but i'm sorry for everything. if i hurt you, i'm sorry. if i made you feel bad, i'm sorry. i just really really do love you and i don't want you out of my life."
"ej... i-" i say, not actually knowing what to say.
"i know it's a lot but i had to tell you. i had to get it off my mind." he says, making my stomach twist.
"ej-" i get cut off.
"nini, why is your door wide open?" i hear ricky say, making me feel stupid because i left the door open.
he walks in and sees ej and i standing in my living room. he was holding something but i couldn't clearly tell what is was.
"oh- sorry. was i interrupting something?" he says, clearly hurt.
"no, not at all. i was just telling nini i still love her and wanna get back together and then you walked in. totally didn't interrupt anything."
ej says, annoyed.
i look at ej.
"ej, i'm sorry but i can't. i can't get back together with you."
"why?" he asks.
"because i just can't." i say.
he walks away from me and passes by ricky before walking out the door. he bumps into him, clearly on purpose. he walks out my front door and shuts it behind him. ricky walks closer and comes into the living room.
"what's that?" i ask.
"oh- it's..."
"go ahead." i say laughing.
"our scrapbook. from when we dated. the one we made in my living room." he says, chuckling.
"oh- w-where did you find it?" i ask.
"my dad found this box- um- it was under my bed." he says.
"um, okay."
"i was looking through it and started crying so i had to come here."
"why did you cry?" i ask.
"i don't know. i guess it just makes me sad seeing all these pictures of us from when we were so happy." he says.
"oh, yeah." i say.
"sooo... wanna look through it with me? i haven't finished all the way."
"sure.." i say, not ready.
we sat down on my couch and start to look through reminiscing on all the memories and laughing. it wasn't really awkward to be honest. it was just like we were best friends looking back on old memories. i wasn't sad. he wasn't sad. we were just there. in the moment with each other. i heard the front door open. i figured it was my moms so i didn't look and i kept my attention on ricky who was telling a story about one of the pictures.
"hey, honey. hey, ricky."
"oh hey moms." i say.
"hey!" ricky says.
"what are you all looking at?"
"a scrapbook we made that ricky found."
they look at me confused.
"cool." they say.
i keep looking at the scrapbook as my moms walk into the kitchen. ricky was so happy looking down at all the pictures. i noticed him smile every time we turned the page.

i guess i was pretty happy too...

word count - 1223

𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 10! 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑘 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠𝑜 𝑚𝑢𝑐ℎ 𝑓𝑜𝑟 1𝑘 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑠. 𝑖'𝑚 𝑠𝑜 ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑦! 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑘 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑡𝑜 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑜 𝑎𝑑𝑑𝑒𝑑 𝑚𝑦 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑖𝑟 𝑙𝑖𝑏𝑟𝑎𝑟𝑦. 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 11 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑜𝑑𝑎𝑦 𝑜𝑟 𝑡𝑜𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑜𝑤. 𝑎𝑙𝑠𝑜, 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑜𝑤 𝑖'𝑚 𝑜𝑓𝑓 𝑐ℎ𝑟𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑚𝑎𝑠 𝑏𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑘 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑠𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑜𝑙 𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑖𝑛 𝑠𝑜 𝑖 𝑚𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑢𝑝𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑎𝑠 𝑓𝑎𝑠𝑡 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑖 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑒 𝑖 𝑤𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑘𝑒𝑒𝑝 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑔𝑢𝑦𝑠 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑔. 💛 𝑎𝑙𝑠𝑜 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑡𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑡𝑜 Torres0137 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑣𝑜𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑛 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑚𝑦 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑠!