CHAPTER 16

nini pov -

"bye ricky." i say, going in for a hug.
i start to walk away from him until i hear him say "i still love you." which were words i never thought i'd hear come from his mouth.
i quickly jerk around, confused but at the same time happy.
"i've loved you since the first time you picked up your ukulele and wrote a song about clouds, a silly little song about clouds. i love you." he says, tearing up as i begin to cry. i walk a little closer to him.
"i'm sorry for what happened in our last relationship. i hate arguing with you and i hate that we broke up. it's never what i really wanted even if i did break up with you. i really do love you nina salazar-roberts. you mean the world to me and i don't ever want to lose you again." he says.
at this point i was balling my eyes out, happily. i knew i still loved him too. he steps closer to me and strokes my face making me blush.
"i still love you too, ricky bowen." i say looking at him right in the eye. i could tell it made him happy. he smiled big at me as he kissed my lips.
"so, what now?" i ask ricky.
"well, will you go out with me again?" ricky asked me.
"of course." i say.
i was so excited. i had still loved him for a while but i just didn't want to tell him because i was scared of rejection. i was scared he would hurt me again but now i know he won't.

ricky pov -

"well, will you go out with me again?" i asked nini, nervously. even though we had just exchanged i love you's i was still scared she would say no. what if she's not ready?
"of course." nini says to me, making me feel relieved.
she makes me so happy and i couldn't imagine my life without her in it. we've been through so much but this time i'm 100% positive we'll last. i love her. i'm not losing her again.
"maybe you should stay here while i do my homework." nini says, after we stared at each other for at least 30 seconds.
"i would love that." i say.
it felt like we never broke up. it felt like we have always been together. i loved it. she heads over to her backpack and grabs a pencil and one of her binders. i take a seat on her bed and end up laying down. i turn on the tv but make sure to turn it down so it doesn't distract her.
"thank you." nini says, turning around from her desk.
"for what?" i ask.
"for staying. this is why i love you." nini replies.
"i love you too. i'd stay any day." i say.
she started to work on her homework as i watched tv on her bed.
"do you want to spend the night?" nini asks me as she takes a break from her homework.
"yeah, i'll ask my dad." i say.
i text my dad and asked him if i could spend the night. he replied with a simple "yes, that's fine." which i found weird considering it was a Thursday night but i wasn't complaining.
"what did he say?" nini asks.
"he said yes." i reply, smiling.
at this point, it was around 7:30 so nini and i went downstairs and we made ham sandwiches.
"what cheese do you want?" nini says.
"surprise me." i say, laughing.
it was always the little things that made us happy which is something i love about us. we walk back upstairs and sit on her bed.
"ricky, i realized i really need you today. i realized that i've always needed you and you mean so much to me. i just don't think i tell you that enough and i'm sorry. i really do love you ricky." nini says, kind of catching me off guard.
"awee, nini i love you more." i say.
"not possible." she says as i pressed a kiss to her lips.
we finish up our food while watching criminal minds, nini's current favorite show.

nini pov -

"was it good?" i ask ricky, seeing that he already finished his ham sandwich.
"yeah, you are pretty skilled in the sandwich department." ricky says.
i begin to laugh knowing that we have some of the weirdest conversations but i loved it. as i finish up my food i get a text from gina.

text from gina: hey, i'm still in a pretty bad place but i just wanted to say i'm sorry for everything that has happened. i really didn't want to mess up anything with you and ricky. i was just not in a good place like right now and i'm really sorry.

i reply with "it's okay, i understand!" and sat my phone down.

"what was that?" ricky asks.
"gina. she was just apologizing for everything."
"oh, that's sweet." he says.
"yeah. i feel bad for her. i hope she's okay." i say.
"she will be. i promise, baby." ricky says.
"i love you." i say, feeling the need to say it.
"i love you more."
i know we had just got back together but it felt like we never broke up. he's always been my baby.
"we should go out for dinner tomorrow night. i want to spend time with you." ricky says.
"okay. what time?" i ask.
"i'll pick you up at 8 sharp." ricky says.
i nod my head yes and lay down in my bed as he follows me. i lay my head on his and we get comfortable knowing we would probably fall asleep soon. we were pretty tired from the events that happened that day.
"goodnight beautiful. i love you." ricky says.
"goodnight. i love you more." i say.
i close my eyes cuddling with ricky and doze off happier than i've been a pretty long time.

word count - 1006

𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 16! 𝑖 ℎ𝑜𝑝𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑔𝑢𝑦𝑠 𝑒𝑛𝑗𝑜𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟. 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 17 (𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑙𝑎𝑠𝑡 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟) 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑎 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑟𝑡 𝑒𝑝𝑖𝑙𝑜𝑢𝑔𝑒 𝑡𝑦𝑝𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑚 𝑎𝑡 𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑛𝑒𝑟. 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 𝑖𝑠 𝑠𝑎𝑑𝑙𝑦 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑎𝑛 𝑒𝑛𝑑 𝑏𝑢𝑡 ℎ𝑜𝑝𝑒𝑓𝑢𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑖 𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑤𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑠 𝑠𝑜𝑜𝑛! 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑠𝑢𝑟𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 17 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑖𝑡 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑑𝑒𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑖𝑡𝑒𝑙𝑦 𝑏𝑒 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑢𝑝 𝑤𝑒𝑒𝑘!

𝑇𝐻𝐴𝑁𝐾 𝑌𝑂𝑈 𝑆𝑂 𝑀𝑈𝐶𝐻 𝐹𝑂𝑅 21𝐾 𝑅𝐸𝐴𝐷𝑆. 𝐼𝑇 𝑀𝐸𝐴𝑁𝑆 𝑆𝑂𝑂 𝑀𝑈𝐶𝐻! 💛