CHAPTER 11

nini pov -

we looked through the scrapbook for another hour. we were having so much fun. i didn't want to stop. as we got to the last page i was a little sad to see the end. judging by the pictures, we were so happy.
"i should go." ricky says, making me upset.
"okay, i'll see you tomorrow at school." i say.
"bye." he says as he picks the scrapbook up and walks out the door.
i go up to my room and sit on my bed. at this point it was around 5 so i decide to take a nap which probably wasn't the best decision.

*2 hours later* 7:00 pm

i wake up to the sound of my moms telling me dinners ready. i get up out of bed and walk downstairs.
"honey, are you okay?" one of my moms asks me.
i guess i looked pretty bad considering i just woke up.
"yeah, i'm fine. i took a nap and just woke up." i reply.
"oh." she says.
i got some food and went up to my room instead of eating with my moms. i guess i was just upset about ricky. i don't even know why. he's just always made me feel something when i'm around him. but, i'm afraid to get back together. i feel like things won't be the same.

ricky pov -

*the next day*

i was getting ready for school as i got a text from gina. i picked up my phone and read it.

text from gina: hey, i'm gonna apologize to nini today. i know what i did was wrong and i don't want you to be mad at me.

i reply with "okay, thanks".

*10 minutes later*

i was ready for school so i went downstairs, grabbed a granola bar, and walked to school. when i got there i ran into ej, literally ran into him. obviously on accident though.
"woah man, watch where your going." he says.
"sorry." i reply.
"it's fine." he says as he walks away.
i go to my locker and waiting for me there is gina. "what are you doing?" i ask.
"just wanted to say hi." she says, uncomfortably close to me.
i back up a little and start to open my locker.
"i'm gonna apologize to nini when she gets here." she says.
"okay, cool." i say, still uncomfortable.
"i'm sorry i did it." she says.
"um.. it's fine."

nini pov -

i walk into school and go to my locker. my locker is right across the hall from ricky so as i'm making my way over there i see gina and ricky talking. i could tell ricky was uncomfortable. gina was pretty close to him... i start to open my locker.
"hey nini." i hear gina say.
"uh.. hey." i say, confused as to why she's talking to me after she beat me up.
she smiles weirdly as i open my locker up. i start to get my stuff out of it.
"i wanted to say i'm sorry for what happened." she said, yelling. she obviously wanted ricky to hear her apologize.
"it's fine." i say.
"it wasn't right what i did and it'll never happen again." she says, still yelling.
"can you quiet down? why are you yelling?" i ask.
"no reason." she says, clearly lying.

ricky pov -

gina walks away from me and heads over to nini who had just gotten to her locker. i was thankful to be away from because she was weirdly close to me. i hear what she says to nini. she was yelling clearly to make me hear so how couldn't i?

i hear nini ask why's she yelling which honestly made me laugh. gina is not the smartest sometimes.
"no reason." i hear her reply.
well, i guess that's cleared up. she was about to walk away from nini but then whispers something in her ear. i didn't hear what she said but after she walked away and nini came over to my locker with her stuff.
"hey. did you tell gina to apologize? you didn't have to." she said.
"i mean kind of. she texted me and said she was sorry and i told her that she needs to say that to you and not me." i said.
"oh okay. well you didn't have to that. i really don't care." she says.
"it's not a problem honestly. i wanted her to apologize. she really hurt you."
"thanks." she says.
"what did she whisper in your ear before she left?" i ask.
"oh, nothing." nini says, lying.
"oh okay." i say.

*end of the school day*

"finally. i wanna go home." big red says as the bell rings.
"same." i say.
"i feel like we haven't talked in a while." he says. "what's going on with you?"
"oh, nothing. just stuff." i say.
"liar. anything happen with nini?" he asks me.
"i mean we looked through our old scrapbook." i say, not mentioning the almost kiss.
"oooo." he says.
"no not oooo." i say.
we walk out of our class and he walks home with me. i guess he really did want to hang out. but i was still wondering what gina whispered...

*FLASHBACK* that morning (when nini and gina were talking) nini pov -

"no reason." she says, clearly lying.
"uh. okay." i say.
she was about to walk away until she got close to my face and whispered in my ear...
"you'll never get ricky back."
she walks away. i walk over to ricky not really affected by what she said but still wondering why she said it... did something happen between them? i mean they were pretty close a second ago. but ricky looked pretty uncomfortable. i don't know... but i really wish i did.

word count - 963

𝑠𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑖𝑠 𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑜𝑓 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑟𝑡. 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑖 𝑑𝑖𝑑𝑛'𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑔𝑢𝑦𝑠 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒. 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 12 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑡𝑜𝑚𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑜𝑤 𝑜𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑛𝑒𝑥𝑡 𝑑𝑎𝑦. 𝑖'𝑚 𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑜𝑓 𝑏𝑢𝑠𝑦 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑠𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑜𝑙 𝑠𝑡𝑢𝑓𝑓 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑖 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑘𝑒𝑒𝑝 𝑢𝑝𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑓𝑟𝑒𝑞𝑢𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑙𝑦. 💛 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑘 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠𝑜 𝑚𝑢𝑐ℎ 𝑓𝑜𝑟 2𝑘 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑠 𝑎𝑙𝑠𝑜!!!