CHAPTER 8

nini pov -

ricky and i had walked up to my room so my moms could figure out what to do.
"can you please tell me what happened?" i ask ricky.
he sits down on the bed and begins to tell me what happened between his parents...

*FLASHBACK* ricky pov - (earlier that day, rickys parents argument)

big red left about an hour ago and i've been sitting here doing nothing since. i can't concentrate on anything without thinking of nini. maybe i should eat. i start to walk downstairs to get a snack as i overhear my dad yelling halfway down the steps.
"DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND HOW BAD THIS IS GOING TO HURT RICKY? he's already going through a lot with your new boyfriend brian and now you are putting this on him."
i sit down on the steps and listen to what he was saying to try to and figure out what him and my mom were arguing about.
"OH MY GOD, I CAN'T TELL HIM. THIS ISN'T MY DECISION."
what are they talking about? me? the divorce? i don't understand. i keep listening.
"YOU CAN'T JUST CUT HIM OUT OF YOUR LIFE. HE IS YOUR SON. HE LOVES YOU."
i start to tear up even though i don't fully know what is going on.
"FINE. BUT I'M NOT TELLING HIM. YOU CAN CALL HIM YOURSELF AND TELL HIM YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE YOUR OWN SON ANYMORE BECAUSE YOU FEEL LIKE IT'S BEST."
oh my god...
i walk fully down the stairs and run into the living room.
"dad..." i say crying.
"i'm sorry son, mom doesn't want to see you anymore. she says that it's best for you and her."
"this doesn't make any sense, i'm her son." i say.
"i know. i know this is a lot but i promise we'll get through it together. i love you no matter what." he says.
"i love you too dad but i don't know if i can do this. i need to get out for a little bit."
"okay. text me when you are about to come home!"
"i will..."
i already had my phone in my back pocket so i head out the door. i don't know where to go. i don't know what i'm doing. i need to do something about this but i can't do it by myself and honestly my dad isn't great with this stuff. there's only one person/ family i know who's good at figuring stuff like this out. so i go there.

*10 minutes later*

i walk up the driveway to ninis house and knock on the front door. i was hoping nini wouldn't answer and her moms would because things are kind of awkward between us at the moment. thankfully, one of her moms answers the door. i guess i looked pretty rough so she asks me if i'm okay.
"not really. my dads not good with having serious talks so can i talk about it with you guys?" i ask, hoping they say yes.
"of course, come in."
we walk in and go into the kitchen. we sit down and talk. i explain to them what happened and they kept reassuring me it would be okay and we would get it figured out. i got really emotional while talking about it so i went into the bathroom and cleaned myself up. i came out of the bathroom to nini standing in the kitchen looking very confused...

*END OF FLASHBACK*

nini pov -

"ricky i'm so sorry. i really am. your mom is an idiot for wanting to cut you out of her life. who does that?"
"my mom obviously. i just never thought she was like this. i don't know what happened to her." he says.
"i don't know ricky. people change. life changes. and sometimes it's really hard. but you will always have people who will help you get through it. even me. i promise." i say trying to help him.
"thanks nini, i'm sorry to put all of this on you."
"ricky, it's totally okay! i'll always be here for you." i say.
i sit on the bed with him and we sat there for a good 3 minutes before saying another word to each other.
"i'm sorry things have been so awkward between us recently. i've just kinda been going through a lot with the gina breakup and all my family stuff." he says to me, making me a little upset.
"it's okay. i understand. i've been going through stuff too with ej, and other... things." i say.
"what other things? are you okay?" he asks.
"yeah i'm fine, just been thinking a lot recently."
"same" he says.
"yeah..." i say, awkwardly.
"yeah..." he says.
we stare at each other for a few seconds. he stares into my eyes as i gaze into his. i don't know what's happening. we were so close. we both lean in and as we are about to kiss my moms walk in.
"oh my god, moms." i say, startled.
"oh, i'm sorry- uhh- i'll just go back home. thanks for listening." he says to my moms.
he walks out of room and out the front door.
"MOMS, why did you have to walk in right then?"
"we didn't know you guys were having a moment."
"it's fine, just leave me alone please. i need to think about what just happened."
"okay." my moms say as they shut the door behind them.
i don't know what just happened. i mean i enjoyed it i guess but now things are going to be so awkward between us. what would've happened if my moms didn't walk in? i mean we probably would've kissed but what about after that? oh god...

ricky pov -

i walk out of nini's front door and start thinking. why did we do that? now everything's gonna be so awkward again and now i'll never know what would've happened after that. i start walking back to my house. the whole time i was walking i was thinking of nini and how much i miss her and our relationship. i want to get back together but i feel like it won't be the same.
i finally get home and walk in my front door to find my dad asleep on the couch. i walk over and cover him up and turn the tv off and walk up to my room. i sat my phone on my bed and changed my clothes. my phone rings as i'm putting my shirt on. it was a text from big red.

text from big red: hey, wanna hang out tomorrow?

i reply with sure but i honestly don't want to. i guess i can talk to him about nini. he's good at getting me to admit what i'm really feeling i guess. but, i kind of already know how i'm feeling. it's just worried things won't be the same and i don't know if i'm ready. i broke up with gina to be with nini but i really did love gina. i don't know if i'm over her yet but what i do know is that -

i'm still in love with nini...

word count - 1196

𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 8!! ℎ𝑜𝑝𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑔𝑢𝑦𝑠 𝑒𝑛𝑗𝑜𝑦𝑒𝑑! 𝑘𝑒𝑒𝑝 𝑣𝑜𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔! 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑘 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑓𝑜𝑟 650 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑠! 𝑖𝑡 𝑚𝑒𝑎𝑛𝑠 𝑎 𝑙𝑜𝑡! 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 9 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑡𝑜𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑜𝑤! 💛