CHAPTER 4

chapter 4

ricky pov - (2 days later, friday)

nini and i haven't talked in 2 days. that's not weird or anything but i guess it's just been awkward. walking past her in the hallways and looking away. gina and i hung out yesterday which got my mind off things. we went to the movies and then she came over afterwards for a little bit.
i was getting ready for school and i overhear my front door open. wondering who it is, i walk downstairs.
"mom?"
"hi, honey."

*FLASHBACK* ricky pov (around the time gina and ricky started dating)

"i can't do this anymore mike." i overhear my mom say from up in my room.
"please, honey. we can make this work. i promise." my dad replies.
"WE'VE TRIED TO MAKE IT WORK AND IT STILL ISN'T WORKING. i'm leaving michael." my mom says.
i start to tear up in my room and i run down the steps to try and stop my mom. i see her suitcases on the floor beside her. she starts to pick them up.
"mom, no." i say, tears rolling down my face at this point.
"ricky, i'm so sorry honey. i have to take a break. me and your dad have been arguing more than ever recently and i can't handle it anymore. i don't want to be unhappy."
"mom, i don't want you to be unhappy either but you can't just leave."
"honey, i'm sorry. you can call me anytime and i promise i'll come visit soon."
my mom starts to walks towards the door. i run in front of the door before she can walk out give her the tightest hug i've ever given anyone. my tears land on her shoulder.
"i love you ricky."
"i love you too, mom."
she walks out the door.
"DAD LOOK WHAT YOU DID. I CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS. IT'S JUST LIKE ME AND NINI."
"ricky, this isn't all on me. i'm sorry this is happening."
"whatever, dad."

*END OF FLASHBACK*

ricky pov continued -

"what are you doing here? i missed you so much."
"i missed you too honey. i can't believe it's been 3 months." she says.
"me either. i'm so glad you are here."
"hello mike." she says to my dad.
"hi." he replies getting off the couch and standing up.
"how long are you staying?" i ask her.
"i'm staying with a friend about 15 minutes away from here for 3 days."
i look at her and smile. i walk up to her and hug her as she kisses me on the cheek.
"i love you, mom"
"i love you too honey."
we end the hug and we start talking about how schools been and my relationship with gina. we walk up to my room and sit on my bed.
"it's been weird lately mom."
"why?"
"me and nini had a really weird experience a couple days ago and it turned into this whole big thing and now i'm not sure how i feel." i reply.
"honey, you've got to follow your heart. if you still like nini go for it."
"i love gina though mom and nini is with ej."
"ricky, you clearly still like nini if you're thinking about her."
"i- i guess i still have some feelings for her but i don't want to hurt gina."
"sometimes you have to do what you think is best for you."
"i guess you're right. but, if i do break up with gina how am i supposed to tell nini how i feel if she has a bf?"
"you tell her straight to her face. the worst that could happen is she turns you down."
"that would be pretty bad mom."
"you've got this honey."
she says as she walks out of my room. i pick up my phone and send a text to gina...

to gina: gina, i'm really sorry but i think we need to break up. i'm not doing this to hurt you and i'm really sorry, i swear. but it's for the best.

my heart drops as i press the send button on my screen. once it sends i grab my bag for school, head downstairs, and walk out my front door wondering if i did the right thing.

nini pov -

as i walk into school i head to the library to meet up with ej. as i'm on my way i hear ricky call my name.
"hey nini, wait up." he shouts.
"oh hey ricky. where's gina?"
"oh.. i- i broke up with her."
"woah. why? you don't have to tell me if you don't want to." i say, confused.
"just felt like it was for the best."
"oh, well i hope your okay."
"yeah i am. but can we-"
"sorry got to go meet up with ej. see you later." i say as i walk off purposely trying to get out of the situation. i didn't not want to have a talk with ricky right now. i walk into the library and see ej sitting at a table drinking starbucks with another coffee beside him. i walk over.
"oh hey babe." he says.
"heyyy."
"here you go. black coffee." he says, smiling.
"aweee, thanks ej."

gina pov -

i'm getting ready for school as i hear a ding come from my phone across my room. i walk over and pick it up. it was ricky. i open and read it. i sat my phone down starting to cry. i sit down on my bed trying to figure out my response. i pick up my phone again and reply with -

to ricky: i understand. it's fine. bye.

i didn't know what else to say. i was heartbroken. i started to think about why he would want to break up. family stuff? lost feelings? doesn't want a relationship? and then it hits me.

nini. he still likes her.

i get so angry. i throw one of my pillows across the room while still crying. i get up and grab my bag, walk downstairs like every other morning and head to school. i'm gonna kill her. or him. no her. she probably did something to make him like her. or she sabotaged him. no, nini isn't that smart. what am i thinking? why pick her over me? i make my way to school and as i walk in my first thought is to find nini.

i go to the cafeteria and don't see her so i decide to go to the library.

word count - 1080

𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑖𝑠 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑙𝑎𝑠𝑡. ℎ𝑜𝑝𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑒𝑛𝑗𝑜𝑦 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑖𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑜 𝑚𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑠𝑢𝑟𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑣𝑜𝑡𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡. 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 5 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑒𝑖𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑜𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑜𝑤 𝑜𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑛𝑒𝑥𝑡 𝑑𝑎𝑦!