Chapter VI - Dork

Draco's POV

It's been half an hour since Harry and Hermione left, and I've been sitting here in the Great Hall, listening to Ronald complaining about them leaving him behind and how unfair it was and blah blah blah.

When I couldn't listen to him anymore, I stood up abruptly, making him (finally) shut up, and he looked at me questioningly.

"Are you leaving?" He asked, frowning, which caused me to roll my eyes at him.

Stupid Gryffindor.

"I'm going to find them. Now, you can stay here and whine on your own or you can come with me so we can each grab our respective brown-haired Gryffindork and leave." I said, trying to keep myself from sneering at him.

"Hermione's not a dork." He protested and I rolled my eyes again.

"Whatever."

"I honestly don't know what Harry sees in you." He said, glaring at me, and I resisted the urge to punch him, there were too many witnesses, and Harry might get mad at me.

I took a deep breath and turned on my heel in a way that would make Snape proud, and grinned at myself in triumph as Weasley made a choking noise from behind me.

I walked out of the Great Hall, without bothering to see if he was following, because, honestly, I couldn't care less. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd person POV

Harry and Hermione left the Gryffindor common room so they could go back to Ron and Draco, Hermione keeping a reassuring hand on Harry's shoulder as they walked.

"Do you think they managed to not beat the shit out of each other?" Harry asked as he realises they left two people who did not get along to deal with each other.

"Let's hope not, I'm not keen on the idea of having dead boyfriends." She said laughing softly, but when she noticed that Harry's expression had fallen she hugged him. "I'm sorry..."

"It's okay..." he said, hugging her back, burying his face on her shoulder.

"Hands of my dork." They heard from behind and looked up to see Draco walking gracefully with Ron following him looking like the exact opposite of graceful.

Hermione let go of Harry and looked at Draco. "You can have your dork back, I don't want him." She said smirking.

"Can you and your dork please go somewhere else, I can't stand to look at your face anymore." Ron complained.

"Hey! I'm right here!" Harry said after staring at them calling him a dork over and over again and crossed his arms. "And I'm not a dork." He mumbled, cheeks flushing in embarrassment, and Draco took him in his arms.

"You're too cute." He mumbled, kissing him passionately, making Harry melt, knowing it would piss Ron off.

"Gross! 'Mione please let's go somewhere else!" Ron complained again, and Hermione sighed then dragged him to the Gryffindor common room.

Draco pulled away from the kiss when he was sure they were gone.

"Let's go." He said, but then he took in Harry's expression, his face was painted in a soft pink shade, his lips slightly parted and he sounded as if he was trying to catch his breath after a long run.

He couldn't resist and he lunged forward, kissing Harry more forcefully, and the Gryffindor gladly let him ravish his mouth.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That night Harry laid wide awake as Draco clung to his side, sleeping soundly. 

His scar was burning on his forehead, and he was terrified of falling asleep, knowing it would mean he'd probably be filled with nightmares if he did.

He opted to keep his eyes open, staring at the ceiling and focusing on Draco's soft snores to keep himself awake.

But no matter how bad he tried, he couldn't help it but relive the nightmare he had about Draco in his head over and over again.

What could it mean?

It made Harry terrified of the future, and he subconsciously held Draco closer to him.

Suddenly he felt himself stiffen and his scar sent a jolt of pain through his body, which caused him to scream, and before he knew it he was pulled into his mind.

Everything was dark, just like in his previous nightmares, but this was different. This felt real.

He tried moving, but, yet again, he couldn't.

Dumbledore appeared from the dark and stopped in front of Harry.

He didn't say a word, and, just like in any other nightmare, he was hit by a green light, and Harry tried to scream, but nothing came out of his mouth.

He looked at his headmaster laying motionless on the floor in front of him as tears fell from his eyes.

But then something happened. Something that never happened before in his nightmares.

The source of the green light was revealed.

He had expected to meet with red eyes and snake-like features, but instead, he found himself facing mercury eyes, a colour he couldn't mistake for any other, accompanied by an evil smirk.

He woke up in a jolt to find Draco holding him in his lap sobbing to himself and shaking in panic, and he quickly pushed him away, jumping out of the bed, drawing his wand and pointing it at the shaken Slytherin.

"H-Harry?" He asked fearfully, the look in Harry's eyes murderous. "L-love, calm down. It's just me..." He said carefully, sitting up and holding a shaky hand out to Harry, which he eyed suspiciously, before slowly lowering his wand.

"W-what's wrong with me?" he mumbled as he fell to the floor, feeling weak all of a sudden, and Draco rushed to his side, holding him close.

He placed one hand on Harry's forehead to clean the sweat that had been formed there, but that caused Harry to flinch so he cupped Harry's cheek instead.

"I-I'm sorry..." Harry whispered and Draco looked at him sadly.

"Shhh... it's okay." Draco whispered back and Harry shook his head.

"I could've killed you..." Harry started but Draco stopped him with a kiss, which caused the Gryffindor to tense, but Draco didn't seem to notice.

"I'm here. I'm here and I'm alive. And I love you." Draco whispered in his ear and Harry nodded, resting his cheek against his neck. "Do you want to talk about it?" Draco asked after a few moments of silence and Harry shook his head. "Harry, can I ask you something? And please be honest."

Harry pulled away just a tiny bit and looked into Draco's eyes, the same eyes that had murdered Dumbledore in his dream, and gulped, before nodding.

"Did this- did this ever happen before?" He asked hesitantly, and Harry looked down, unable to face those eyes, and nodded again. "Why didn't you tell me?" Draco asked softly, feeling his heart hurting at knowing Harry had had to deal with this kind of thing before.

"I didn't think it was important..." Harry mumbled, and Draco lifted the Gryffindors head to look at him, which caused him to flinch again.

"You didn't think it was important?? Harry, you fainted! You were screaming and crying in pain! How could it be not important?" He whisper-shouted, as he felt his eyes tearing up.

"I'm sorry..." Harry said, his voice shaking and his heart beating fast, and Draco shook his head.

"Don't apologize..." Draco told him and pulled him close again. "Is there anything I can do to make it better?"

"Just hold me."

And Draco did.