Chapter IX - Fantasy of 'love'

3rd POV

After Harry's sobbing subsided, Draco carefully picked him up and laid him on their bed, kissing his forehead gently.

"I'm going to go get the pancakes I made for you, will you be alright on your own for a few moments?" Draco asked him gently.

"I'm not hungry..." Harry mumbled.

"I didn't ask you if you were." Draco said giving him a stern look and Harry looked down. "I'll be right back." He said before leaving the room, not closing the door behind him, and getting the pancakes, syrup and two glasses of pumpkin juice.

Harry stared at nothing in specific when Draco was gone, feeling like he didn't have the strength to eat nor move at all.

He felt like he was being overdramatic, but that didn't stop him from feeling the way he was.

Draco came back with everything put neatly on a tray and sat down beside him. He put one pancake on Harry's plate and covered it in syrup, then looked up at him only to see he was still spaced out.

"Harry, please, eat a few bites at least..." He whispered as he placed his hand on top of Harry's.

Harry looked at him slowly, not able to hide the pain in his eyes from Draco, who leaned forward and hugged Harry close. "I doubt you're like this because of our fight... what happened? You can tell me anything, love." He whispered and Harry kept quiet.

After a few moments of Harry not answering, Draco pulled away, with tears in his own eyes now, and looked sadly at Harry.

Harry finally looked up and locked eyes with Draco, seeing the pure pain in the blond's eyes.

He's faking it.

He thought, but couldn't stop himself from leaning forward and kissing him as his life depended on it.

Draco melted into the kiss and crawled to sit on Harry's lap, wrapping his legs around him.

The kiss got more heated as their tongues fought, but Harry pulled away before they went further. He couldn't do this knowing Draco didn't want him the way he did.

"What's wrong?" Draco asked breathlessly. "Do you not want this? I-I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable."

"It's not that..." Harry mumbled, and Draco nodded, waiting for him to continue. "I just- I- I don't know what to say..." 

"You don't have to say anything..." Draco whispered and hugged him, resting his head on his shoulder.

"Draco?" Harry asked and Draco looked at him. "Would you ever lie to me?" He asked, his voice shaking, and Draco's eyes showed fear, and he didn't answer for a few minutes, thinking carefully about what he would say.

"All you have to know is that I'd do whatever it takes to ensure your safety. Even if that means sacrificing my own..." He said, mumbling the last part, and Harry kissed him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry's POV

Nighttime came, and I found myself still in bed, with Draco sleeping on my chest, as tears fell from my eyes silently.

What did Draco mean by 'sacrificing my own'? What was his plan after all?

I felt so confused, yet somewhat hopeful that Draco wasn't doing whatever he was doing for the reason I thought he was.

But that didn't keep me from feeling terrified to lose him. Especially now that he was sleeping in my arms. I want this forever. I'm sure of it. And I'm so scared it's going to end.

I took in every feature of Draco's face, trying to memorise it but the tears in my eyes made it harder. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, trying to stop them, and after a few moments, I managed to calm down a little bit.

"Please don't leave..." I whispered to the sleeping Draco and played with his hair softly as he did to me in the months when I was a child. "I love you so much..."

I kissed the top of his head softly and closed my eyes, finally managing to fall asleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up the next morning to find Draco had already woken up. He was sitting up with my head on his lap and was playing with my hair as he read a book.

It just felt so right and so casual and I smiled softly, humming at the sensation.

Draco turned to look at me and smiled.

"Hey there, pretty boy." He said playfully.

"Mmm~" I groaned and yawned and he laughed softly, leaning down and leaving a kiss in my cheek.

"Let's go have breakfast?" He asked and I nodded.

He put his book down and helped me up, before kissing me properly.

I smiled into the kiss before pulling away when I heard a tapping noise, and Draco tensed.

"Why don't you go to the living room and I'll meet you there, I have to uh- finish something." He mumbled and my expression fell.

I almost forgot he was still lying to me...

"I could help you..?" I asked hesitant, hoping he'd let me.

"Don't worry about it, love. I won't take long, I promise." He whispered and I nodded, not looking him in the eye as I left the room and he closed the door behind me, making me feel like crying all over again, but I managed to stop myself and went to sit down on the couch and stare at nothing, waiting for Draco to return.