Chapter Seven

Tallstar could see Jake leap towards the dog, his eyes blazing as he met the dog, face on. Time seemed to stop. Either that, or the world was swirling around him. He couldn't tell. Jake was going to die; he was the one to see his death. 

"NO!" Tallstar yowled and leaped into Jake, crashing into him. Jake let out a yowl of fear as they crashed to the ground, together. The dog seemed confused, as he slobbered all over the ground. Tallstar leaped up, and spat, hissing at the dog. His claws unsheathed. He growled. Fury lept up, out from him like a raging flame. Jake, cornered himself by a tree as Tallstar leaped and faced the dog. 

The dog's eyes glimmered, seeing there was "cats" infront of it. The black-and-white cat hissed, his back arched and he spiked up his fur. He screeched and clawed at the dog, going in for the killing bite. The dog, however, had too much scruff and Tallstar gripped onto loose fur. The dog let out a yelp of pain, or distress, and immediately began to claw at Tallstar, trying to rip Tallstar loose of his place. Tallstar leaped down from the dog's back with a loud "thump"

Tallstar whirled around, staring right at Jake. "RUN!" He screeched and began to run. Jake bolted after him, their paws thrumming in the same beat. The dog let chase, as the cats began to leap over fences. Over fences, over and over again. They leaped out into a street, and could hear the roaring of monsters over ahead. Tallstar ran into the street, Jake followed. They ran until their pads were sore. Soon, they came across a great twoleg nest, where their dens were as tall as Starclan, itself

The dens were large, and seemed to touch Silverpelt. The two toms stared in awe. The bright dens caught their attention. The city had mosters all over. It didn't bother Jake, but Tallstar was on edge. "Hey," Jake started. "Yeah?" Tallstar stopped walking and stared at Jake. "Thanks for saving my pelt, back there." Jake felt hot under his pelt. "Hey, it's nothing, for a ol' friend." Tallstar smiled and countinued. Jake smiled and began walking with Tallstar, side by side. 

The monsters' roars seemed to die out as they countinued walking. Tallstar's heart fluttered as he walked, seeing as he was finally with Jake. They countinued. 

They strode into a Twoleg park, noticing the night sky had opened and Silverpelt was showing itself. The street lights had began to turn on, illuminating the streets. Jake sat down. "We could rest here for awile.." Jake murrowed, Yawning. "Yeah..." Tallstar replied, sitting down a tail length beside Jake. "Hey, Tallstar..?" Jake asked, not looking at Tallstar, but at the flowerpots, who held flowers. The flowers danced in the slight breeze. "Yes?" Tallstar replied, his voice soft. "How'd you find me..?" Jake asked, looking at Tallstar, the street lamps illuminating his face. His eyes were soft, and his smile held a gentle look to it.

"Why, I believe you found me!" Tallstar laughed. "I just wanted to..." Tallstar looked up. He couldn't find a answer to that question. "I just wanted to see you again, I guess..." He replied. His eyes adverting to the StarClan warriors, Who were glinting. "Well, I'll take that answer, I guess..." Jake looked away, before looking back to Tallstar. Things were getting awkward. "How's the Clan going?" Jake asked, trying to move the conversation. "Good, good. Things are holding up, the territory is warm, and no battles have happened in the last few moons." Tallstar meowed. "Good." Jake replied. Tallstar could feel the warm breeze on their pelts. Tallstar felt at home.

And he moved closer. 

Jake lifted his head, and laid it onto Tallstar's shoulder, leaning on him. 

Jake sighed, and closed his eyes.

And they were happy.