Chapter Five

Tallstar perked his ears, and leaped down from the slope. He ran towards the large red Twoleg den, and stopped abruptly.  "What in starclan is this?" He asked to himself. He could see tall green-looking stalks with a tail shaped yellow shape at the top. There were hundreds- No, Thousands of these weird plants, and made his curious. "I'll just have to cut right through it... It will give me some cover." He told himself sharply and began to pad into the weird plants. As he was padding into it, however, he could hear the ground seemed to shake beneath him, and a loud thrumming noise seemed to come out of the ground. He looked up, to see a large monster, coming towards him. It roared, and his ears twitched, and he was stunned. 

He turned head over heels, and streaked the other way, his tail waving behind him. He pumped his legs, and quickly ran out of the tall plants. He was panting, and noticed the monster hadn't chased him more. The monster turned, and was cutting down the tall plants. A twoleg was sitting in the monster's belly. Tallstar took the long route. 

Tallstar came upon the large red den, and noticed the door to the twoleg den had been creaked open a slight. He padded into the den, and noticed stacks of hay, everywhere. "WHO GOES THAR'?" Came a call from up ahead. Tallstar looked up to see a brown tabby cat, (Assuming he was a kittypet who lived there,)  who was fat and plump.

"Hello, there." Tallstar dipped his head respectfully. "I SAID, WHO GOES THAR'?!" The tabby cat hissed, again. "My name is Tallstar, and I'm sorry for coming onto  your territory." Tallstar began. The tabby cat flicked his tail, and growled. His golden eyes bore into Tallstar. "Well, Mai name is Fang." The cat eyed Tallstar. "That's a weird name, ya' got thar'." The cat murrowed, warming up to Tallstar. "Indeed it is..." Tallstar agreed. 

"I need to ask you a question." Tallstar stated to Fang. "Welp, spit it out. I'm not gonna wait few awile'."  Tallstar sighed. "Do you know where the twoleg dens are?" Tallstar asked. "Tha What?" Fang asked.

"The Twoleg dens." 

"The WHO-LEG dains?"

"No, the Twoleg dens."

"Do ye mean the neighborhoods?" 

"Er... Yeah. Whatever."

"Yassiree! Thee' Hoodlums come here quite often, and tri to take tha prey here!"

Tallstar felt a bit uncomfortable. "Welp, what ya godda dew is just keep going straight from dis farm thar and yewl come upon it, sooner or leighter." Fang replied. "Uh... Okay, thanks." Tallstar replied, and dipped his head.
"Wouldn't yew want some prey?" Fang asked, looked at the heaps of hay. "Uh, sure. I guess I can." Tallstar replied, even though his mouse still sat in his stomach like a rock, settling down. "Alrighty, than; Let's go to the far heaps. Thoes' have more mice than' you can ask fer!" Fang flicked his tail towards the far right of the den. 

Tallstar headed in that direction, his paw steps light. He could smell the scents of prey, stronger than ever. He dropped into a hunting crouch, his ears twitching for the small scruffling of a mouse, and saw a twitch in the hay. A sliver of brown fur appreared, and he leaped for it, flinging it into the air. The mouse screeched, and Tallstar caught the mouse in his mouth, killing it with a sharp nip to the neck. Tallstar grabbed his mouse and headed towards Fang. "Wowzers! That's a HUGE mouwse!" Fang gaped at the fat mouse in Tallstar's mouth. "Yeah... Uh..." Tallstar felt a bit confused. "I need to go to the... Neighborhood, now..." Tallstar mumbled, starting to head towards the enterance.

"Alreaghty?" Fang asked. "Well, remember, to keep heading straight. 
"Alright, I will" Tallstar replied. 

**Hope you al like it! Happy Halloween! I probabyl wont be doing tommorow's chapter, but maybe Saturday! 

Every saturday is a Caturday! ^3^