Chapter Eleven

Jake woke up, still under the affects of sleep. He looked around, getting up. A sharp pain sliced through his body. Jake growled, walking over to his water bowl. 

In his reflection, he could see his face was patched up. Except for the ugly scratch on his nose. "Mouse dung.." He muttered under his breath. He glanced over his shoulder. A twoleg was sitting at the counter. "Hello, Twolegs!" Jake meowed cheerfully. The twoleg squeaked back at Jake. Jake looked around for Tallstar, who seemed to be nowhere in sight. "Tallstar... So typical." Jake shook his head, padding to the flap that held him from the outside world. 

Achenes crept up his back as he exited his twoleg den. Tallstar laid on the fence, his eyes closed. He was sunning himself. 

"Why are you out here?" Jake questioned, looking up at Tallstar. "Nothing much. Just catching some sun." Tallstar replied back, opening his eyes. "Are you sure? I'm pretty sure you don't like Twolegs..." Jake meowed, scrambling up the fence. "Alright." Tallstar agreed. "You got me." Tallstar mewed. Jake sat on the fence, by Tallstar.

"Don't you need to go back to your clan?" Jake asked, staring down at Tallstar. Tallstar was silent for a moment, before looking up to Jake. "Yes." Tallstar mewed.

"I was thinking you could've joined me. Follow me back to my clan." Tallstar sat up.

Jake was stunned. "I-I..." Jake hesitated. "I'll think about it." Jake mewed, clambering down the fence and padding back into his twoleg den.