~Chapter Four

Tallstar's stomach growled, and a gut wrenching pain seeped through his body like a snake. It hurt so much, he had to hang back and pant. "Good starclan..." He panted and looked up. He sat down beside the river, sitting on the river's bed. His stomach had stopped hurting, but an ace lingered. He had gotten up, but his whole body felt sore, like as if he was running. He continued on, though. "For Jake." 

Tallstar continued, up stream. He passed the Thunderclan territory, and was free to hunt, now. He could sense that he was getting close to the Twoleg's dens, now. But, he could have been wrong. Since that pain attack, he was getting more and more dazed by the minutes. "How long had I been in Thunderclan territory?"  He asked himself over, and over again. Dusk was reaching upon him, like a pelt of moss.

Darkness began to reach out, over the horizon and the Starclan warriors began to show themselves. He wondered if his father, or Shrewpelt were up there and watching him. "Are they up there?" He asked himself. He didn't stop when night had fallen, though. Instead, he was so persistent to get to Jake, he wanted to keep going. He was weak, from hunger though. 

Tallstar climbed an oak tree, and decided to set camp there for the night. He closed his eyes, and not a second wasted when he fell asleep.

A deep, dark, cold slumber.

Tallstar woke with a start, one he heard the birds chirping. He woke up, to see new surroundings. "Where am I?" He asked out loud. Realization hit him like a stone, once he remembered the day before. It was now dawn, and the sun sheded new light onto the world.  He climbed down the tree, feeling stiffness reach up and stab him like a icy claw. He continued his journey, through the unknown territory. 

He continued, until he came upon a vast valley. It dipped down in a small trench. Grass and a river, and the smell of prey lingered in the air, and Tallstar decided to take the chance to get a meal. He slowly climbed down the steep slope to the sanctuary that held prey below. He ducked down, into a hunting crounch, and spotted a small mouse below. He leaped up, and swiped the mouse. He caught it in his paw, and killed it, with a killing blow to the neck. 

Feeling triumphant, he walked to the small stream, and decided to eat there. He could see the stream was slow-moving and not a very swift current. He could cross, here. He finished his mouse, and stepped his paws into the crystal blue, slick water. He could feel the water lapping at his paws. The water was cool against his paws, and he relaxed. He waided into the deeper parts of the water, and padded out onto the opposite side of the creek, his fur was slick.

He quickly padded up the slope (After a few minor slips) and padded out into the rest of the forest. But, up ahead, the forest was breaking away, and it revealed a feild. A large feild. It seemed to have white clouds eating hastily on the feild. 

He was at a farm.