Chapter Nine

Tallstar got up, his legs aching from carrying his sleeping friend, and padded towards the entrance to the den. The flap was stiff, but he managed to push his way through the flap. He surveyed the fenced-in plot of land, and leaped onto the wall. "I need to find out what that scent is..."       And, with that, Tallstar set off. 

Whilst he was out, he stared around the scenery, taking it in. He was led to the tall dens, that seemed to poke Starclan. The view was breathtaking. Tiny stars seemed to light up the two-leg dens, and time seemed to slow down. But the monsters didn't. He could smell their stench, and he could see the two-legs walking on the grey-walk way. "Do the Two-legs ever sleep?" Tallstar wondered.

Tallstar lifted his muzzle to the Sky, and scented. He could now scent the scent. He padded towards it, following the scent down a alley way. He could now scent the ever-so growing stronger scent. Up ahead, the scent of prey, crowfood, and a rouge. A female, to be exact. Suddenly, a sharp weight landed onto his back, and pushed him to the ground. "Ooph!" Tallstar let out a threatening growl.

"Toms these days; I swear..." The figure on top of him sounded annoyed. Yet, oddly, it sounded feminine, like a female cats' voice. The object got off of him. Tallstar tried to leap up, and unsheathe his claws, but he found he couldn't. How he tried to move, a tingly feeling, paralyzed feeling, shot up through his body. 

"Can't move, can ya?" The figure spoke in a mocking voice. "I learned that move from my mentor." The figure spoke again. Tallstar could trace triumphant in her voice. "Mentor?" Tallstar echoed. "Yup!" The female shadow chuckled. "You can dislodge the nerve and movement by landing on their spine on the right way. And, since I'm..." The shadow hesitated for a moment. "A bit light-weight, I can't land on someone and squash them." She said. Tallstar could only advert his eyes. "Who are you?" Tallstar asked. The figure sighed. "I'm Scarlet."  Then, she stepped forward into the city- star light. 

The female voice was a cat. The she-cat was a red, (scarlet) tabby, with amethyst-twilight-purple eyes. She had black-tipped ears, and white paws and a tail tip. Her muzzle was white and so was her chest and her stomach. Her stripes were black and one of her ears had a nick in it. "So.. You're unlike any of the toms' I've seen." She meowed, looking Tallstar up and down, her eyes narrowing, then flicking to something behind him. "You scent of rouges." Tallstar reported. "Well, aren't you a smart-tom?" She meowed sarcastically. She grabbed Tallstar by his scruff, grunting with effort, then dragged him to the middle of the alley-way. In the middle of the alley-way was a dumpster. Rocks dug into Tallstar. He was limp. 

Tallstar could feel his legs dangling in the air. His mind raced. "What will she do to me?" "Will she kill me?"  Tallstar's thoughts snapped, hearing the she-cat speak. "Well, Tallstar. Have a mate?" She asked, grinning cheekily. She pressed her nose up against his. He instantly blushed.

"T-Tallstar?" A mew sounded from the other side of the alleyway.

Tallstar's eyes streched across his view, gazing at a familiar cat.

It was Jake.