Distance

Katsuki Bakugou

I dug through my clothes in one last attempt to separate the things that I wanted to donate and the things I wanted to keep

I dug through my clothes in one last attempt to separate the things that I wanted to donate and the things I wanted to keep. Classes started in a few weeks and I was planning on moving into my dorm within the next week to get settled in early. 

My parents haven't said much regarding my sudden trip to see Izuku. I assumed that even though I never outright said where I was going, that my parents kind of already knew. The few days I spent with Izuku changed a whole lot between us both. There were still things that needed to be discussed but I felt as if things were finally turning around.

I also was ready to start school again. I had always been intelligent when it came to schoolwork. But now I felt a new drive to go back and get a degree. I wanted to be able to provide for and take care of my mate. Izuku had suffered a great deal because of my ignorance and there was nothing I wanted more than to finally be able to do right by Izuku. 

We had the opportunity to start fresh and build a healthy relationship. I knew that it wasn't going to be easy but it would be worth it in the end. I had only been 18 for six months but was now thinking long term. I had a mate who needed me now. Izuku was older than me too and it added a weird tension to our relationship that I wasn't expecting. I wasn't sure how to feel about that. I was the Alpha. Izuku was the Omega. However, Izuku had an air of dominance around him that I only assumed came from years of suffering -- suffering that I caused Izuku.

 As I was packing, I remembered something Izuku had told me about the time they spent apart. My parents had been sending articles of clothing with my scent on it to Izuku. Thinking back on it, I used to always seem to lose certain shirts or hoodies then they would magically be replaced a few days later.

I folded up one of my hoodies and sets it aside with a humorous huff. I knew that I would be away from Izuku for the next week and thought it would be nice to send him something with my scent. I made a mental note to take that to the post that afternoon.

I managed to pack up all my clothes and separate the things I wanted to get rid of before lunchtime. I dropped off the package at the post office and then went back home to call Izuku. We had made it a priority to stay in contact while away from each other. It gave us both a bit of peace by knowing the other was doing well.

My home was a bit tense since I got back. My parents were quiet and didn't talk much. I assumed it was because of the anger I carried around with me towards them both. I had things that I wanted to talk about but just couldn't bring myself to have that conversation just yet.

I dropped to my mattress and pulled out my phone before dialing Izuku's contact. As usual, it only rang a few times before the other picked up.

"Hi, Katsuki," Izuku's voice was a bit breathless as if he had been running.

"Hey, are you okay? You sound a bit out of breath," I huffed a soft laugh, something I found myself doing more and more when talking to my mate recently.