Chapter Four

~Feliciano~

"He what?!" Lovino shouted, his hands coming into contact with the table roughly causing the tableware to rattle.

"I thought he was going to tell you," Elizabeta says, a hand laying on her chest, "I spoke to him just this morning, and he said you knew."

I could respond, I just sat still, staring at her in disbelief.

I was going to marry Ludwig Beilschmit.

There has to be a mistake. I wasn't supposes to marry anyone. I was supposed to go home to Italy.

"That can't be..." I state softly, "I don't even know Ludwig."

"Quello stupido bastardo di pianoforte" Lovino hissed, his dark eyebrows knitting together as his hazel eyes shown with fury, "Fratello, you're coming home with me. Now."
"B-but Lovi-" I tries to protest, only to be cut off as he grabbed my hand, and pulled me with him.
"No 'but's," he says harshly, "we're finding my stupid husband, and we're leaving."

"Lovino, please," Elizabeta says pulling me out of my brothers tight grip, "He's not going anywhere."
Anger, and determination flickered being her emerald eyes.

"We're going to get to the bottom of this, right now." she said, and began stalking into the crowd to find Mr. Edelstein.
Me and my brother followed along, struggling to keep up with her fast, angry pace.

A dark brunette curl stuck out above the crowd making it easy to locate the man we were searching for.
There he stood in his dark purple attire, smile on his face as he talked with a few younger ladies and their husbands.

Elizabeta grabbed his shoulder roughly, spinning him around to face her.
"What on earth are you-" his surprised rant was ended by a harsh slap to the face.

I gasped and hand covering my mouth. I never thought I'd see the day Mr. Edelstein would be met with such a gesture. From a woman nonetheless.

"You insufferable liar." Elizabeta shouts in anger.
The brunette hood his cheek tenderly, his violet eyes locked onto the smaller female.
"How could you do that to Feliciano? How could you arrange his marriage without even letting him know?"

"It was in his best interest." Mr. Edelstein says finally, "He wouldn't have agreed other wise."

Elizabeta flinched, her hand tightening into fists as she pulled it back, "You limey son of a-"

"Hold it there, Eliza." Gilbert says taking her hand gently, "What's all the fuss about?"

Gilbert looked around catching sight of me, and brother. His odd colored eyes made me shy away, looking away from him.

He hates me.

Lovino, however, didn't feel as small as I did under his gaze.
He stepped forward pointing an accusing finger at the albino.

"You," he snaps, "you were apart of this. You and your potato bastard of a family."
"What?" Gilbert asked with pure confusion.

"Fratello, please don't." I say trying to calm him down. The other party guests had begun to watch the scene play out.

Accusations, yelling, foreign languages. It was all to much.
I tries desperately to calm the group of people, though to no avail.

"Please stop," I say tugging on Elizabeta's arm gently as she scolded Gilbert and Mr. Edelstein.
Tears lined my eyes, begging to fall down.

Lovino yelled angerly in Italian at the pair of men. "Fratello, per favore."

Tears slid down my face, as I took a few steps back.

Too much shouting.
Too much yelling.
People keep looking.
Whispering.

It was suffocating.
Can you feel claustrophobic by sound alone?

My back came in contact with something hard, making my flinch.
I turned my head to look over my shoulder.

Behind me stood a tall man.
He looked really built, and quite handsome with his well structured face. A strong jawline, and thin nose. High cheekbones, and thin lips.
He had sharp blue eyes, and blonde hair tucked under a grayish blue hat that matched his military uniform.
A sense of familiarity flickered in my mind the longer I looked at him.

My face became warm, as his blue eyes observed me.

Bello...

The tall man observed me for a second longer, before turning is attention to the group of arguing individuals.
He stepped passed me, leaving me to watch as he walked toward them.

"What is the meaning of this?" he asked rather loudly, causing all eyes to turn to him. His voice was stern, and powerful, clear traces of a German accent. I had only ever heard one from Mr. Edelstein's partner as a child.

It made chills ripple down my spine as the familiarity brought back memories I was working so hard to forget.

"Ludwig." Gilbert says smiling, "How nice of you finally show up."

This man was Ludwig? The man I'm supposed to marry?

There was a moment of silence before my brother fumed again.
"You're the stupid bastard that's going to marry my brother?"

I rushed to hold my brother back from dismembering the blonde,
"Lovi, please calm down!" I cry as I held him tightly in my arms.
It took all my strength just to keep him inside my hold.

"Let me go stupid brother!" he protested making an attempt to grab at the taller male, "After I'm done they'll be no one to marry!"

"Marry?" Ludwig puzzled turning to his brother, "I didn't know I was getting married."

"You didn't tell him either?!" Elizabeta snapped at the two men once again.

"I might of... Kinda forgot." Gilbert laughed nervously.
There was a harsh smack deliver to the back of his head by the angered woman, "Ow!"
"What's with you people?!"

~*~*~*

The six of us now sat inside the greenhouse. All slightly angered and in a tense silence. I sat a little further back from the group that sat in a circle of chairs.

My hands were pressed to my thighs as I pressed my legs together. I hunched over trying to seem smaller.

There was so much tension in the air you could cut it with a knife.

"Feliciano," Mr. Edelstein snaps at me, finally breaking he silence, "sit straight. Posture is self respect."
I flinched, immediately fixing my sitting position.

"Hey, piano bastard," Lovino snaps at the elder man, "don't tell him what to do."
"Please do shut up, Lovino." Mr. Edelstein says in return, pushing his glasses further up onto his nose.

"Why you-"

And just like that, chaos had started back.