When two are stripped, long ere the course begin

Anne, Jane, Ruby, Cole, Josie and Charlie all went to the apartment that night. Anne and Charlie were going to sleep in Anne's room, Jane and Ruby in theirs and Josie and Cole in the living room, Josie in the couch and Cole in a pile of blankets and sleeping bags.

When Anne and Charlie got to the room, they had a couple minutes of kissing before he broke it off.

"Is there something wrong?" Anne asks

"No, no, nothing." He tried to kiss her again, but Anne knew something was off, so she pulled back.

"There's definitely something wrong, come on, tell me."

"Anne, there's nothing wrong, I promise!" She knew there was, but still he promised.

"Charles Sloane, I'm warning you, don't promise me something if you're lying about it."

"I just don't want to talk about it, jeez! Some privacy would be appreciated, you know!"

"So there is something wrong, and you were going to promise me a lie!"

"Just leave it."

"No! I asked you if something was wrong, then you denied it, but I know you and I knew something wasn't right. Then I asked you once more and you tried to promise to me that nothing was, and then I pushed you just a little bit more and you totally exploded on me, when you could've said you didn't want to talk about it at first!"

"Even if I had, you wouldn't drop it."

"I would!"

"No you wouldn't, Anne, but thank you for the recap of events which I was a part of two minutes ago."

"You know what, I forgot something on what you called my recap: you asked for some privacy, so I will give you that! Keep the room, I'll sleep on Ruby and Jane's, we can talk in the morning when you decide you don't need your privacy anymore."

"Annie..."

"Don't 'Annie' me, Sloane." 'Uh-oh, old teenage habit of last name basis showing up. That was not good' thought Anne. "See you tomorrow."

"Anne, I—" She slammed the door in his face.

"What happened?" Cole asked in between Josie's snores.

"Tomorrow." She curtly answered.

She took a box of cereal, a milk carton, a bowl and three spoons and got in the girl's room. She stepped inside silently, Ruby and Jane looked at each other worried while Anne poured milk in her cereal.

"You guys want some?" She showed the spoons while sitting on the floor.

"Sure." Ruby smiled.

"Okay." Jane came closer.

"So..."

Before Jane could answer, Anne was already talking.

"He is such a dude! He's hiding his feelings for me and implying that I push on his privacy! It was obvious something was wrong and he tried to lie to me and make me false promises! When I said that I'd be mad if he wasn't telling me the truth he was so incredibly rude! You know, I can't believe it! He is such a baby, he could've told me he didn't want to talk about it and if I had pushed it, at least he could say I was wrong, but right now, at this moment he is being a dick!"

"Okay, let's slow down, I kind of got it... but I didn't." Jane stopped Anne.

"Yeah, tell us all, slowly." Ruby complemented.