And one especially do we affect

Anne woke up to the sizzling sound of a frying pan and the sweet smell of pancake batter. The light came in shimmering, the sun's arm that stretched from the small cleft in the curtains laid over her blue eyes and as soon as those became accustomed to the ambient, she realized it.

It was the morning after and she was in Gilbert's apartment still.

"Shit." She whispered.

"Good morning to you too, Anne."

"Ugh." She took her hand to her forehead "Please shut up, Blythe."

"The last name thing is really sticking, huh? Want some pancakes and coffee for the hangover?"

Anne looked confusedly, but then looked at the plate of pancakes with butter and maple syrup and the two white mugs sitting in the counter. She nodded and got up.

"Thanks Blythe, but I'm just gonna eat it really fast and catch a bus to school."

"No worries about that, I'll drive you."

"Ha, funny."

"No, seriously, we'll take Winnie's car. She left it here before taking off. Let's eat this and we'll get to your school in no time."

"Oh okay."

They sat in silence, eating the pancakes. Anne had no idea how Gilbert felt, but she was a pile of nerves. She didn't even want to check her phone cause she knew there'd be messages from Charlie that she wouldn't want to respond.

'Why wouldn't you want to respond them? If Gilbert's just a friend, Charlie wouldn't mind it.' Something in her head said. It was right, Gilbert was nothing more than a friend, she had nothing to worry about. The thing that she was actually worried about was her shirt. It smelled like beer. A lot of beer.

"Ew..." She muttered.

"What's that?"

"Oh, nothing. It's just, my shirt smells like beer, I'm definitely getting a lecture today, but from Charlie instead of a professor."

"Wanna take one of mine's?"

Anne looked at him sarcastically "Are you kidding me? Don't you think that's gonna get me a lecture?"

"You don't have to tell him. About the shirt, I mean. Just say it's new and get back to me tomorrow. You can give it to Ruby or Jane, I'm sure they'll be fine with it."

"I will still get a lecture, but from Ruby and Jane this time."

"Do you want the shirt or not? Rather get the lecture today, at school, with a hangover and smell of beer or tomorrow, showered and with a good explanation?"

Anne opened her mouth to say something, but realized Gilbert was kind of right. "Fine. Get me a pretty one, though."

He smiled and scoffed, taking a drink from his coffee and muttering an "All right, then."

"Pancakes are delicious, by the way Blythe."

"Thanks, Carrots."

"Fuck you!" She threw a napkin at him.

"Gee, sorry! Okay, I'll get dressed and get you a shirt than we can get going." He walked out from the table, heading towards what Anne supposed was his room.

"Do you have gum? Or mints?" She shouted, her breath also sucked from the night before.

"Mints!"

"Can I get some?"

"Anything for you, Anne with an E!"

"Okay, that's better than carrots, Blythe."

He came back with a dark green t-shirt with a black Santa Cruz logo on the back. He didn't seem like the skateboarding kind of guy, but the shirt was pretty.