We wish that one should love, the other win;

After a great weekend with Cole and Josie, watching an unspeakable amount of movies, eating pancakes in almost every meal and what Anne thought was a stronger friendship between Jane and Josie grow, Monday came around. Diana texted Anne that morning to see if she wanted to hang out with the UT people, and Anne, of course accepted. It was the "UT people", but that meant Diana, who actually went there, Jerry, who didn't, Gilbert, Charlie, who didn't go, but got to hang out and Moody. The "Toronto Film School people" were Anne and Charlie (though Charlie was only there sometimes, they were the only ones who actually went there), Ruby and Jane who both went to UT, and lastly, Josie and Cole that'd both come once or twice a month for visiting. Essentially, what Diana texted her was if she wanted to go out with her, Jerry and Gilbert — which meant Winnie was probably going to be there. Charlie had his last minute work to do and Moody too, that's why they were best friends after all.

In the morning though, Charlie was there, they had sorted their misunderstandings, he made clear that he didn't want to talk about it and she held her urge to have him tell her. They woke up and made coffee and cooked, he'd kiss her every now and she'd lick the spoon with pancake batter or steal a raspberry from his plate.

"Hey baby." He took a sip from his coffee.

"Yeah?"

"It's been great, spending those two months with you. I just... I just wanted you to know that."

"Thank you, Charlie. I feel the same, about our time. More coffee?" Anne lifted the jar.

It seemed like Charlie wanted to say something else, but he hesitated and simply agreed. Anne poured him coffee and ate quickly, getting dressed shortly after and heading to school. The day was long for Anne, she was anxious about her afternoon with Diana, Jerry, Gilbert and Winnie, especially about the last two, how was she going to face Winnifred and Gilbert after the conversation at the Warehouse?

...

After class, she went to one of those hipster coffee shops and bought herself a drink with a name far too long to be cheap, and waited, putting her headphones on and blasting Love Me by the 1975. She was so lost in her dreams and thoughts that as soon as Diana sat in front of her she screamed with scare, which bursted laughter in Jerry and Gilbert, who were just right behind her.

"You guys scared me!"

"Oh we know." Diana said smiling.

"So, are you sitting or do you wanna go somewhere else?"

"I was thinking we could go to my place." Gilbert began "Winnie's not here, she's going to be in England for the month, caught the plane yesterday and I don't really enjoy being alone." We all smiled in sympathy and nodded. I took my things, and off we went to Gilbert's apartment.

Gilbert's apartment was a bit old and it was all slightly beige, much different than Anne's, which was modern and shiny white. Gilbert's apartment was poetical and full of artwork on the walls — probably Winnie's doing — and it was a place where she could imagine herself living.

"Here's the place... Winnie has hers but she spends a lot of time here."

"It's really pretty, Gilbert." Anne says, investigating every corner of the apartment, every crook and nick of the place.

"So, you guys want a beer or something?"

"I'll have one!" Diana springs.

"Me too." Me and Jerry say at the same time.

"Four buds on the way then."

Gilbert was so... grown. Anne felt like she was talking to someone else, a Gilbert who had become stuck up in just a few months. Anne didn't really know how to react to that, so she thought nostalgia might do some good.