Chapter 14

After making sure that Zero was in the bathroom, Aubrey and I headed downstairs for breakfast. Connell had made pancakes.

I sat at the kitchen table with the rest of the boys who were already awake.

"Zero looked so mad! That was so good, you guys!" Aubrey laughed, getting water from the fridge. "Why'd you do it?"

"Jackson heard him talking to a girl on the phone yesterday," Dale added.

"So? What's wrong with him talking to a girl?" Aubrey asked, sitting between Calvin and I.

"It's just that...well, that's not something Zero does, you know?" Sawyer said.

"You guys are so mean." She laughed taking a sip of water.

Noah and Sampson came skipping downstairs.

"What's wrong with Zero, he looked super mad," Sampson asked sitting at the kitchen island.

"We pranked him," Connell said with a small laugh.

"How come we weren't in on it?" Noah asked.

"We woke up at three this morning to prepare and Zero's going to kill us when he comes down."

The twins looked at each other. "Nah!" They shook their heads and drank the orange juice in front of them before grabbing a couple of pancakes.

Soon after, Jackson came down and slipped into the chair opposite me.

"Did you guys do it?" He whispered.

"Hell yeah," Dale chuckled.

"Was he mad?"

"Obviously," Calvin smirked.

"Nice!" He fist-pounded Sawyer. Then suddenly, a very angry Wesley came stomping down the stairs and walked into the kitchen with a face like a slapped ass.

"Good morning," Jackson snickered. Some of the boys laughed quietly.

"Good morning? Good morning? I most certainly have not had a good morning!" Zero yelled and he walked to the sink.

The boys' laughter echoed throughout the house. Zero slumped down into the chair next to me; he didn't say anything.

"Celine? How could you?"

"Hey, I didn't want to do it! I was just the lookout,"

"Yeah but I wouldn't have expected you to be part of something stupid like that!" He hissed.

"It wasn't even my idea to be lookout," I laughed defensively.

"But you were still part of it,"

"Don't be mad at her Zero, she didn't do anything," Connell laughed, defending me.

"Yeah... you should be mad at Jackson," Max quickly said and the boys all started laughing again.

"Hey, it wasn't just me!" Jackson threw up his hands. Zero shot him a glare. If only looks could kill.

"Ok, ok, it was my idea but my question is who were you talking to on the phone yesterday?" Jackson gave Zero a cheeky grin.

"My question is how long will it take for you to run out of air while I choke you?"

Jackson's eyes went wide. Zero lunged for Jackson but he reacted quickly and grabbed Zero's wrists.

"Hey, calm down! It was a joke!"

Zero still tried to get out of Jackson's grip.

"Was it? Was it? Well, it wasn't very funny to me, Shard!" Zero shouted.