one

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒chapter one: fast fliers and good company┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒
chapter one:
fast fliers and good company
┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚

"FOCUS ON YOUR BREATHING. Even in out, slowly, seek to control it. You have to be at peace with yourself, for it is when you are most precise and collected," Elysar instructed the group of Younglings, "Remember, your opponent's anger is your greatest advantage. Use it against them."

The training room was engulfed in bright morning light streaming from a broad window. It overlooked the grand landscape of the city, skyscrapers soaring in the sky, piercing through puffs of wandering clouds, skycars racing the busy streets — Elysar always found peace in the chaos of Coruscant.

Hands locked behind her back, she walked around the room carefully inspecting her pupils' stances — they were only children, with training lightsabers in their small hands, barely able to secure a proper hold on the weapon. Some Younglings were so tiny, the 'sabers almost outweighed them, stretching as tall as the children wielding them.

"Nice job, Tara," Elysar gave the little Rodian girl a gentle smile and stopped before the class, "Alright, you can now pull down your visors."

She knew that was their favourite part of the lesson, possibly the very thing they looked forward to every day. Elysar told them that lightsabers were not toys and training — no game, but the giddy looks on their faces always took all the sternness out of her voice. They were children, after all.

She watched the Younglings deflect blaster shots from the training droids with precision and mindfulness, not missing a beat. Elysar had been teaching them lightsaber combat for two years now and found that she grew quite used to those little sessions. She was no Master, however, merely filling in for Master Drallig or Master Yoda when the opportunity arose, as part of her own training.

Elysar's eyes fell on an overeager boy in the back of the class, who was jumping all over the place as if he were in the thick of battle. She pursed her lips, fighting a smile, "It is not a competition, Ambrose," Elysar chastised. It came out rather half-heartedly, "Mind your surroundings. The Force will certainly guide you, but please do try to help it."

She watched the Younglings with intent, assessing their languid movements and after some time found herself almost lulled by the buzz of lightsabers. Her eyes followed the shining weapons that met read blaster shots at every turn, and Elysar thought of the last time she had wielded one. The sound of screams filled her ears, distant yet haunting. She could hear her heart pounding in her head, sweaty hands gripping the curved handle of the 'saber. It ignited with a woosh, throwing bright magenta light on...

A foreign presence in the Force jarred Elysar out of her trance. She whipped her head to the door and sure enough, there stood a girl with long hair as white as snow, a wide grin on her slightly angular face, "They said yes?" Elysar asked, careful not to make any assumptions.