Part Nineteen: The Beatles

February 9th, 1964

My heartbeat pounded in my ears. The curtain began to rise. The roar of hundreds of screaming girls clouded my mind. Watching from the rafters high above the vicious plethora of teenagers, I was thankful that Veronica had snuck us up here.

Even if we ended up in jail.

•••

Earlier, the morning of February 8th

I woke up at around three in the afternoon. It took me a minute to register where I was. The apartment scenery was way different from the back of a Volkswagen van. Then I remembered last night. Then I saw the naked woman beside me and really remembered last night.

The best night of my life.

I glanced over at Veronica's sleeping figure. She was sleeping curled up on her side, hugging the blanket around herself. She looked so much different from the teddy girl I knew. She looked soft. Her dark brown hair fell in waves over her bare shoulder.

She shifted onto her back. She was waking up too, then. She looked so beautiful in the afternoon sun. Her eyes fluttered. I rolled over to face her.

"Good morning, beautiful." I greeted.

She turned to me and scrunched up her face.

"Your breath stinks."

I blew more hot air into her face. She gagged, and hit me with a pillow. Here was the Veronica I knew and loved. She sat up, looking rather surprised that she didn't have clothes on. It happens to the best of us. I sat up, too. I tapped her on the shoulder, and gave her a sloppy kiss when she turned to look at me.

She made a faux blegh sound, and threw the covers off herself. Her entire body was in view before me. I had forgotten how beautiful she was. Unable to speak, I watched her approach our wardrobe. Every smooth curve of her body beckoned to me.

As the sun shone on her tan skin, I couldn't help but wonder if this was what Aphrodite looked like. My thoughts were soon interrupted by a yellow dress hitting me in the face. When I yanked it off my head, a smirking Veronica greeted me.

"I thought that you'd look sexy in that." She said, winking.

I blushed, and nodded. My feet hit the cold hardwood floor with a satisfying thud. It felt good to be rooted sometimes. I was about to put the dress on when I realized that I needed underwear. Looking over at Veronica, I found that she was already halfway dressed in jeans.

     I walked over to the closet. Veronica watched my naked figure the whole time. Her eyes dragged deliciously over my body. Already blushing furiously, I quickly found a pair of underwear. I bent down to slip them on my leg, and Veronica smacked my backside. I yelped a little in surprise.

     When I looked back up at her, she only winked. This was going to be a long day.

•••

     I right about the long day part. We didn't have food in the apartment yet, so Veronica and I decided to go grocery shopping. That seems totally normal, right? The problem came when Veronica kept licking her lips while looking at me. Or winking whenever I turned to her.

     Everything she did made me weak at the knees. It was her way of saying I can't wait to get you back home. It's too bad that the 'get you back home part' would have to take a little longer than usual.