Leaving

A week after the attack...

"I have heard about what happened in Fokouka." CL came in from the door. GD wore an impassive look while contemplating. Elder Tahil was also silent after the reports he received from their informants about what just happened.

"What do they want from her?" GD asked in puzzled expression.

"The girl got the tattoo on her arm, GD." CL said. "And what made it worse; we got many rival clans in our asses since she came in."

GD stood up and stared outside the window. He frowned at the view outside.

"Does she come into your memories?" Elder Tahil asked. GD shook his head. "Is she worth your protection?"

"That is not something to ask." He answered.

"Then, it's settled. We protect the nee-san." CL said firmly as she will finally give her alliance to the girl.

"Like the old times."Elder Tahil said patting the boss' shoulder.

~

Dara's POV

I immediately crumpled the paper on my hands when GD got in the room and plastered a wide smile, turning to him.

"Done already?" I asked him.

"Yeah. We just talked about random things." He said obviously dismissing the topic. He sat at the couch while I remained standing near the window. "Come here."

I stared at this full grown kid and at his tattoo on his arms. My mind was still in hazy thinking that this person suffered much, sacrificed much because of me.

"Hey, are you alright?" I flinched when he called me. I was spacing out for a moment. " Are you tired?"

Am I tired?

"Um yeah. Just a little bit." I sheepishly smiled to him.

"Okay. You should rest for a while. I'll just go outside for something." He said as he turned to leave the room.

"GD..." I called out. He turned to me. "Are you tired?"

He furrowed his brows on me quite quizzical about my question. I waited for his answer hoping that I would get the answer I wanted to hear.

He strode near me instead; until he towered over me. "You are giving me equivocal question, baby. Don't even think that I am getting tired with what's happening to this clan." He gave me a lingering kiss on the lips and hugged me. "As long as you're here, I'll be more than fine."

~

I was in my room when TOP came in.

"Hey."

"Hey." I greeted back to him. He sat just beside me in the couch. GD was called by the right wings again even at the middle of the night.

TOP looked up to see what I have been doing. " Writing?"

"Um yeah. Got nothing else to do anyway. Have you heard from the Azuma family?" I was thinking about Nana and Yuki all of the sudden.

"Nana and Yuki are still in Kyoto. Our clans have been doubling their guards since our rival clans are getting nastier."

My mind then went to the letter I've crumpled a while ago. I heard that our rivals keep on attacking the kyodais ( brothers of the clan).

"Is everything fine?"

" h-huh?"

"You're spacing out." He chuckled.