Chapter 66

No, no, no, no, no, no, no!

"NO!" I shout aloud. That is the most absurd thing anyone has said to me. Each inch of my body could feel the dripping sarcasm. It has to be a joke.

Joke of the century to be very specific.  Klaus Mikealson and in love. No! no! no! no!

"Aww!" Edward pouted. He is going to say that it was a joke because I hope so. " Is it that hard to believe? You are working with him for like three months and don't tell me you never felt that."

"I've had enough of you, Edward!" I was really tired of his games. His sick twisted games. "Just stop this."

"You think I'm still lying?" He looked as if I offended him. " I have never been honest with anyone and this was the secret I knew I will never share it to anyone."

"Then why now?" I was back on my bench, hands digging my hair.

"Actually I was waiting." He says flatly. " I thought he was going to get grand, maybe date you but nothing happened. Days and days were passing but everything was quiet. I didn't understand why he is taking so long?"

"Waiting for what?"

He rolled his eyes dramatically. "He was into you for God knows how long? Maybe a year I guess or more! But it took me so long to find about it."

"I never met him before three months. This proves you're just making this for your own personal gain. I'm not believing in any of your bullshit." I cross my arms, scoffing constantly.

"Why would I lie? Did you not ask me why you? Why I want you to work for me not him? I gave the answer now. I don't want him to have what he wants. "

I huff with another roll of my eyes.

He continues, "Come on! Think. There must be moments when you have felt it. He would have shown his affection for you. "

I sink into my thoughts. Accessing everything about Klaus Mikealson right from the beginning. And there was not even a single moment I felt that he may like me. To him, I was some sort of property he owned and I have to do what he wants.

And let's not forget what he did to me in the L.A.

When a guy loves, they will never hurt you and that's exactly what he did to me. And he confessed he can never love anyone in his drunken state? He cannot lie, can he? Oh god, this is fucked up. Edward has to be lying. His words don't fit.

I look at my phone which has started vibrating? Mom is calling. It has been more than an hour since I left. She wants me to give resignation and I'm sure she is calling me to tell her what she wants to hear.

I decline the call and decided to just finish this crap right now and go away. It was a mistake to come here. He's messing up with me, so badly.

I can't believe whatever he is saying has this much impact.

"Mr. Blake, " I address him, trying to keep my voice calm. " I don't want to work with you neither with your brother. FYI, which I wasn't planning to tell you, but I'm resigning, today. So I'll be of no use to you. So can you just forget about this and never stalk or bother me again?"

Edward went quiet, as expected but before I can breathe in relief thinking that he is convinced, he broke into laughs.

Bewildered, I just watch him.

"You think he'll let you go?" He asked, no, he was mocking.

"What do you mean?"

"Okay, I think starting from the beginning. Like how you came in the picture! I'm sure you must have thought about how you get a job without any training and proper education. "

"Yeah, like hundred times. But I considered myself lucky." I answer honestly.

"Of course you are. You managed to catch his attention and that is why he brings you into his world." Edward says, gesturing to his man afterward.

"Can you clarify?" I request.

"Yeah, like I said from the beginning. But first, let's have a coffee. What do you like?" He gestured toward the seat we had occupied earlier.

This time I didn't bark." anything." Because I was ready to hear what he has to say this time. Deep down I can feel it how eager I want to know about it.

Please don't disappoint.

-------------

I know the chapters are short but next will be long and with a lot of conclusions. You will know the back story, too.

I'll update quick.

Vote 🙏