Chapter 49

Boss eyes his brother from up to toe as if he had never seen him while I'm just petrified at my spot, unable to utter a word. So much for keeping quiet, huh? But atleast I've now few things and some of there are clear while some of them are unclear.
First, Edward is his brother, second, he hates him, third, he thought for a second that I intentionally came into his house to do something which I'm completely unaware of.

"What's going on?" Boss asked, breaking me out of my thoughts. Kol and I look at each other and before I can think of something to come up, Kol speak first.

"I brought her here."

"How do you know her?"

"We met in L.A. brother and today I ran into her while returning to Brooklyn. So I gave her a ride"

"You gave her ride to our home?" Boss emphasised the last word, glancing at me then to his brother.

"It was too late to go back her home. So I thought to bring her here!" Kol wasn't really confident when he reasoned with his brother. He's afraid of him too. I think the whole family is. What a narcissistic controller!

"How come you ran into her?" He looked at me. So it's my turn to answer his question, " and with that dress? Where were you whole the night?"

"I went to my college for a party where I met him when he came to meet someone else." I answer him honestly, "Its just a coincidence. That's it."

"Is coming to my room and spying on me was also coincidence?".

"YES to coming and no to spying. I didn't mean to spy. I just happen to be in wrong place at wrong time" I say immediately without any hesitation. He looked unpleased as if he wanted me to nod whatever bullshit he is implying. I see his fist curling into ball, lips pursing in disdain and he clearly dislike the idea of me and his brother together. Kol was quiet, hoping for his brother to let all of this matter go but I hardly see any luck. But just I state how unpredictable he is, he made me surprise when boss rock back on his heels and stalked into his room without another word and shut his door.

"Are you okay?" Kol ask me in next moment. I nod, still shaken by the situation. Can you believe how many turns life takes in mere moments of life. I can write a memoir on it if I got a chance, "follow me before you end up in dad's room." He slightly chuckled which made my mood lighter. How unlike of him? Joking instead of getting angry that I got him into trouble. He and his brother are polar opposite and I wonder how their sister would be? Replica of which brother? Mystery!

I followed him at the corner of the room in which I was suppose to go but I guess trouble is my middle name and I can't get away with that. Kol handed me the clothings he brought and I was surprise to find when they fit me perfectly. The guest room was simple, not very stuffy kind, infact almost empty except with bed, a couch and a closet and beside it was a table. The only thing catchy was paintings of different artist who I never heard of in different shapes and sizes.

Kol was sitting upon the bed when I return back from the bathroom.
"Bex will kill me if she came to know I gave you away these."

I chuckle at that.

"She's really not sharing kind of girl." He added making me laugh. So caring of him to say that. The time has slipped like water from our hands and the clock was ticking, reflecting the time; half past two. Could I sleep now because I don't think I am getting any of it after what happened in couple of minutes and what boss said. His words are still playing like an orchestra in my mind. He misunderstood me in some ways and referred me with someone's association which I think is Edward. Things began to clear out a bit but I couldn't form any reasonable explanation. Everything is messy which is making the situation worse. And ultimately it's gonna cost my job which I don't want to be. I'm not going to get any better one with this. It's easy to handle and care. So, I better find answers before I get into situation where I'm not at fault but only I'm to be blamed.

"Kol? Something happened before you intervened." I look at Kol who suddenly became alerted by my confession.

"What is it?" He asked me, rushing in his words.

"Your brother is mistaking me with someone else? He think I'm some sort of spy."

"That can't be, "he confidently tells me, "because I don't think he would be this lenient to choose his another PR after what had happened with earlier one."

"Earlier one?"

"Rhea. Rhea Collins." He answers and confirmed my thoughts as I was already surfing through my mind about the earlier PR's and Rhea was the only girl I heard of.

"That scandal girl. No! I don't think so. She was involved in scandal, trying to manipulate people while I'm being suspected."

"I hardly believe that. Moreover, Rhea was not just involved in scandal. There's more story to that," his words made eyes went wide and before I can ask what, he had already began ," Thea was a spy sent by Edward Blake to dismantle our company by revealing our business secret."

"Unbelievable!" I exclaim in shock.

"Believe me as I was the one who hacked her computer before she can do real damage," Kol exhaled deeply, "she had records of our various business plans, secret investors, codes, list of our HR crew which were thank fully encrypted so she couldn't figure out much. And I manage to erase it all before she can handle it to Edward for decryption. Brother wanted to expose her but before he could go to media, the governor's son filed a case against her.  And she was sued before we can take any steps furthur. Her carrier was already gone so brother backed away, unwilling to tarnish her image further."

So generous of him. I thought. A man like him who rules with power, never back away from ego brawl, and gifted with high temper backed away. But that didn't seemed in my case. He was willing to hand me over to the cops.

"Don't think about it. Brother knows you better. For a moment he panicked and consider you a spy because he has given his life to rebuilt our company and no one would ever want their efforts to go vain. Now have some sleep because if you want to prove yourself, then be yourself. Don't freak or over analyze. Do your work honestly." Kol reassures me, "brother appreciates the hard workers. So if he mistaken you as Edward's pawn, then he will be the one to regret the most."

I nod at his words and he whispers me good night when it's three in the morning. Once he was out of this room, I slumped down on the thinking how unfair it is to him as he is unaware of who Edward Blake really is.

His other brother!