A Sick Sunday

Throughout the week, Nayeon and I have been texting each other every chance we got. I never got the chance to visit the cafe after Tuesday, but I knew I would be coming back soon. Since I wasn't busy today, I might as well stop by.

Luckily it was a warm day with no sight of clouds. After all the rain earlier this week, I was glad that we now have a sunny day. I was wearing a simple white t-shirt with skinny jeans.

I passed Nayeon's house which was a simple five minute walk from the cafe. I felt sad when I had to leave her that day. I was extremely excited to see her today.

I continued walking until I finally reached the cafe, heading in right away. I saw Tzuyu and Sana, but no sign on Nayeon. I walked up to the counter.

"Hey you two, I didn't know you worked here Sana."

"Oh I help out here when someone is absent. Nayeon didn't come in today and hasn't been answering anyone." Sana explained.

"That's weird. I'll check up on her since I know where she lives."

"Whipped." I heard Tzuyu say but chose to ignore it.

I said goodbye to the two and walked out of the cafe, heading to Nayeon's. Once I arrived, I knocked on the door. After a couple of minutes, the door opened revealing a pale Nayeon.

"Hey Jeongyeon." Nayeon mumbled before clearing her throat.

"Hey, are you okay?" 

"Not really...I'm sick but I'll be fine." 

"Do you want me to take care of you?" 

"Oh no, no. I don't want to be a bother and I'm sure you have school."

"Actually, I'm free today. Come on, let me?" I frowned a bit.

"Fine, come in." Nayeon opened the door a bit more. 

I walked in and examined her house. It was really comfortable and pretty. She gave me a small tour before going up to her room. I scanned the kitchen and search of what to make for her. I decided to make her some chicken noodle soup.

Once I finished, I went upstairs with a bowl full of soup. Nayeon was fast asleep, her mouth open a bit and soft snores coming from her. I set the bowl down and sat beside her, nudging her to wake her up.

"Come on Nayeon, I have soup."

Nayeon slowly sat up and I started feeding her. 

"It's delicious."

"Not as delicious as your sweets." 

"You're too nice." 

"I'm known for that." I gave her another spoonful. "Can I ask you something Nayeon?"

"Yeah."

"Why did you decide to open a cafe?" 

"Ah, that question. My dad owned a cafe when I was younger and it felt lively and peaceful. It was like a second home to me in a way. So I always wanted to." Nayeon explained.

"Well I'm glad you decided to open one, it helps people relieve stress."

"Yeah, I'm glad I did too." 

Once she finished the soup, I let her rest as I went back downstairs. I sat down on the couch and watched some TV. Some time passed when Nayeon came downstairs, sitting beside me with a blanket wrapped around her. She rested her head on my shoulder and soon fell asleep.

I glanced down at the sleeping bunny. "Cute." I muttered.