An Anxious Saturday

Yesterday, Jeongyeon came into the cafe and asked me out on a date. It was surprising, and I accepted despite my nervousness. Tzuyu was recording it and sent it to our group chat, which also included the younger ones in high school.

They all were excited for today, while I was a nervous wreck. After about an hour into the day, Sana and Tzuyu took over while I watched them. I was sitting at a table, having a mocha. Soon, Ryujin and Yuna walked in.

They said hi to Sana and Tzuyu then sat with me.

"So we heard you got yourself a date." Ryujin smirked.

"Yeah, today."

"Must be nervous." Yuna pointed out.

"Very."

"Don't be, I bet you two will be making out by-." Ryujin covered Yuna's mouth.

"Where did you learn that from?" Ryujin asked.

"Yeji and Lia were doing it once in Lia and I's room."

"I'm going to kill them both." Ryujin mumbled as she removed her hand. "You'll be fine unnie, once the date gets started you'll be alright." 

"You think?"

"Yup!"

"I guess it will be." 

"That's the spirit!" Yuna smiled.

I rolled my eyes but couldn't help but smile at the youngest one. She's definitely a ball of sunshine. 

"When is your date?" Ryujin asked.

"Tonight at five."

"A dinner date, sounds cliche."

"Still sounds good." I mumbled.

"It is, just cliche." Ryujin clicked her tongue.

After a bit of talking, Ryujin and Yuna left. I stared at my phone, reading the time as one. I got up and went over behind the counter to see what Sana and Tzuyu were up to.

"Still nervous?" Sana questioned.

"Yeah, very."

"I've never seen you like this, wow." 

"Sana unnie, she's never been on a date before!" Tzuyu teased.

"Tzuyu-ah!" I smacked her arm playfully.

"Nayeon might not be single anymore? Took you long enough." A familiar voice said by the counter.

We all turned and saw Irene and Seulgi together, like a power couple. Well, they are a power couple. 

"Ah, Irene and Seulgi unnie!" Tzuyu smiled as she walked over to them.

"Hey you two, didn't expect you to come in."

"We weren't busy so why not?" Seulgi smiled, looking like a bear.

"Well what can we get you?" Tzuyu asked.

The day ran by slowly but when three hit, I cleaned everything up fast and closed the cafe. I headed home, needing to get ready for the date. I grabbed a shower and after that got dressed in a simple black dress that became loose from the waist down. I curled my hair lightly and checked the time, seeing I had an hour left. I did my makeup and soon heard a knock on the door.

"Coming!" I yelled as I traveled downstairs.

I opened the door and met Jeongyeon, accompanied with a full suit on along with a bouquet. I stared in awe as I eyed her up and down. I noticed she did the same.

"Nayeon, you look beautiful. More beautiful than these flowers." Jeongyeon handed me the flowers which I thanked her for.

"You look handsome Jeongyeon. Come in, let me put these flowers in a vase and grab my phone."

Jeongyeon nodded and walked in, closing the door behind her as I ran off. I put the flowers in a vase in the kitchen then went upstairs to grab my phone. I came downstairs and Jeongyeon took my hand. She led me out the door and I closed it behind us as we started walking.

"Where are we going Jeong?" 

"You'll see." Jeongyeon smiled brightly, erasing all my worries away.

We walked for about ten minutes and soon arrived at a restaurant. One of the fanciest restaurants here in town. 

"Jeongyeon, you didn't have to do this."

"But I did, for you." Jeongyeon lifted up our intertwined hands and gave my hand a kiss.

I blushed and looked away. We walked in and got seated near the back, away from peoples view. A waiter came up and ordered our drinks before leaving.

"We're lucky no one found out about where we would be going." Jeongyeon laughed.

"Yeah, they probably would be keeping an eye on us." I joked.

"I'm glad I could do this with you."

I smiled brightly. "I'm glad I could do this with you too." 

Soon our drinks arrived and we ordered our food. I noticed Jeongyeon was upset about something after the waiter left. I took her hand into mine and set them on the table.

"What's wrong?"

"That dude was eyeing you."

"Doesn't matter Jeong, he won't do anything to me."

"How do you know?"

"Because..." I lowered my voice a bit. "Only you can." I winked and let go of her hand.

Jeongyeon turned red and looked down.

After dinner, Jeongyeon walked me back to my house. The town lights lit up the way as the town was decorated with lights all around. It was normal here in town and it was what made it beautiful at night.

We arrived at my house where I took Jeongyeon inside. I went to the kitchen to get us a drink, when Jeongyeon wrapped her arms around my waist from behind.

"Nayeon...I want to tell you something." 

"What's that?"

Jeongyeon spun me around and kissed me. I melted into the kiss and placed my hands on her shoulders as she held my waist. After a minute, we parted due to lack of breath and Jeongyeon rested her forehead on mine.

"I love you Nayeon." Jeongyeon confessed.

I smiled and gave her a peck on the lips. "I love you too Jeongyeon."