A Weird Friday

Friday came and I haven't seen Nayeon all week. It was bugging me badly that I haven't seen that bunny. I've texted her all week yet it still didn't fill the emptiness around me. I wanted to know why I was feeling this way, so I decided to go to Momo and Dahyun since they got together.

Once classes had ended, I headed back to my dorm and dropped my stuff off. I then headed out, leaving a note behind for Jihyo. After a couple of minutes, I reached Momo and Dahyun's dorm. I knocked and soon Momo opened the door.

"Hey Jeongyeon unnie, what's up?"

"I needed to talk to you guys about something."

"Ah sure, come in." 

I walked in and sat down beside Dahyun on her bed. Momo sat down on her bed which was opposite of Dahyun's.

"What is it that you wanted to talk about?"

"What's it like? Being in love?" 

Dahyun squealed. "You like someone!?"

"Is it Nayeon unnie?!" Momo asked.

"Just...explain what it's like."

"If your heart skips a beat, if your heart beats faster, if you get nervous around them, and if you can't help but stare at them. If you feel empty without them around, if you feel like protecting them forever, and if you feel butterflies in your stomach. That's all love." Momo explained.

I thought about it for a moment. I have felt butterflies several times, I've felt nervous, and my heart skipped a beat whenever Nayeon would laugh and show me her cute bunny teeth smile. I would always be nervous to call her beautiful and blush when I did. That is all love that I'm feeling towards Nayeon?

"Jeongyeon unnie!" Dahyun snapped her fingers in front of my face.

"So do you like her?" Momo asked again.

"I...I think I do."

"Yay! We knew you would like each other!" Dahyun exclaimed.

"H-how do you know that she likes me back?" 

"Oh she has to." Dahyun answered.

"Guaranteed." Momo added.

"Then what do I do now?"

"Well you can ask her out, simple as that. Take her on a date." 

"Yeah Dahyunnie, or you can hang out since you don't know each other well. After that you can take her on a date." Momo explained.

"Sounds like a good idea." 

"Yeah, we convinced Chae to take Mina on a date."

I chuckled, these kids. "Well, thank you. I'll be on my way now." 

"Bye unnie!" Both of them said before I left. 

As I was walking down the hall, I thought about what I should text Nayeon. Should I be straightforward with her and ask her to hang out? Should I ask if she's free soon? Should I ask her for dinner?

Dinner sounds good. I could pick her up at four or around four, take her to dinner and maybe see a movie. Sounds like a great plan. Now the question was when she would be free.

When I arrived back at my dorm, I fell onto my bed as I went into my thoughts again. I didn't notice that Jihyo walked in until she threw a pillow at me.

"Yah! What was that for?"

"You weren't paying attention, that's what." 

"Sorry, I was just planning something."

"Oh? What's that?"

"I want to do something for Nayeon but I don't know what. I was thinking a dinner and a movie." 

"So a date?"

"No, just to hang out and get closer."

"Okay, so a date." Jihyo smirked.

"Fine, whatever. What should I do though?" 

"I say a dinner and a movie sounds nice enough. It should give you enough time to learn more about each other."

"Great! When do you think I should do it?" 

"I would say tomorrow night. Nayeon is usually free then." 

"Okay! Thank you." 

I started texting Nayeon and set up the date, which was tomorrow night.