10|anger management

HUMMING A SOFT tune to herself, Beck sat on the bleachers to the lacrosse field at the high school. Pencil in hand, Beck shaded in a sketch. Derek being lifted in the air, his back being impaled by the alpha's claws. She didn't know what it meant, but she knew she didn't like it.

"Okay," a familiar voice called as its owner entered the field. Glancing up, Beck saw it was Scott and Stiles. The girl smiled at the sight of them, making her way down the bleachers.

"Hey guys," Beck smiled as she hopped off the last step behind Stiles, making him jump. "What's up?"

"Hey Beck," Scott said, returning the smile.

"What are you doing here?" Stiles questioned, sending her a glare. Beck noticed that his eyes were very familiar. Just like the other set of eyes she saw.

Beck shrugged her shoulders, flipping through the pages of her sketchpad. "Getting away from Derek, he's being extra moody today." Turning to the page with the second set of eyes, Beck flipped the page over and wrote something on the back.

Styles Stalinsky

"Shouldn't you be in school?" Stiles continued questioning.

"I'm self-taught."

"So, you're homeschooled?" Scott asked with a raised eyebrow.

"No, I'm self-taught. Everything I know I taught myself." Beck explained, holding her sketchpad close to her chest. "So, watcha doin'?"

"I'm helping Scott learn to control his werewolf powers," Stiles explained, gesturing between himself and Scott.

Beck tilted her head to the side, looking up at Scott in confusion. "I thought Derek was helping you."

"Yeah well, he's not doing a good job," Stiles grumbled, rummaging through his bag.

"Everything my brother knows was taught to him by our mother, the alpha of our pack before her death," Beck explained with a scowl. "Those techniques were taught to her by her alpha and they were taught to them by their alpha before them. Are you trying to tell me that centuries of techniques and knowledge handed down through generations of werewolves is wrong?"

Stiles's mouth flapped open and close as he glanced between Beck and Scott. Luckily, he was saved from answering by Scott.

"Beck, you know a lot about werewolf stuff, don't you?" Scott asked, looking down at the small blonde in front of him. Beck nodded her head, knitting her eyebrows together. "I need to ask-"

"Later," Stiles interrupted, handing something to Scott. "Now... put this on."

"Isn't this one of the heart rate monitors for the track team?" Scott asked, glancing down at it.

"Yeah, I borrowed it."

"Stole it," Scott corrected, glancing over at Beck. He gave her a smirk, making the blonde giggle.

"Temporarily misappropriated," Stiles corrected as he pulled a cell phone from his bag. "Coach uses it to monitor his heart rate with his phone while he jogs, and you're gonna wear it for the rest of the day."

Scott's eyebrows knit together at the sight of the cell phone. "Isn't that Coach's phone?" He asked.

"That I stole," Stiles admits with a nod of his head.

Beck tilted her head again. "You're the son of the sheriff, why are you stealing stuff?"

Stiles glanced up at her. "Why are you still here?" Beck shrugged her shoulder, making him scuff.