Chapter 18: Y/N's birthday

Nokk was sitting in the canteen. Y/N had gone to do his own training while she looked at the gift bag beside her she was gonna give him later today. But for now she was gonna enjoy her day of relaxation before she celebrates Y/N's birthday. Nokk saw Mara walking by with food in her tray. She saw the opportunity to talk to her.

Nokk: Excuse me. Miss.

Mara turned to hear the voice as she looked at Nokk.

Mara: Are you calling me?

Nokk: I am. You're Mara? One of the latest recruits?

Mara: Si. Are you are?

Nokk: You may call me Nokk. 

Mara: Nokk......You're Y/N's step mother?

Nokk: I am. Please sit.

Nokk mentioned a seat in-front of her, Mara sat down setting her food. 

Nokk: Y/N speaks a lot about you.

Mara: *blushes* H-He does?

Nokk: Yes. Although he's stubborn to know he has a thing for you, he speaks of you a lot.

Mara blushed as she pulled a strand of her hair back behind her ear.

Mara: Does he...have feelings for me?

Nokk: I can't answer that. You will have to find out yourself.

Mara nodded as she took a fork of her food and she ate it, after she sallowed her food she looked at Nokk.

Mara: Can I ask you something?

Nokk: What is it?

Mara: Y/N said your his step-mother. What happened to his biological parents?

Nokk looked at Mara, before her memory flashed to Charlottes dying body. Nokk could tell her but she rather not. Sure she was Y/N's Step-mother, but she had only know Y/N for a few months. She didn't know him fully.

Nokk: Again I'd rather not say. You will have to ask him, but don't ask him today. because today is special.

Mara: Why?

Nokk: It's Y/N's birthday today.

Mara: His birthday!? I could have got him something!

Nokk: You didn't know. The girls are doing something with him later tonight. I suggest you join them, you'll love it.

Mara: I guess I could.

Nokk: Trust me. You'll enjoy it.

Mara thanked Nokk, she finished her meal and she headed over to the gym, shortly after. She wore a Under armour tank top in a woodland grey colour, yoga pants in a blue colour showing off her curves, and to finish her outfit off, she had blue Reebok training shoes. She picked up her AirPods, played Nirvana, Smells Like Teen Spirit.

Mara headed over to the weights, she picked up ten kilogram dumbbells and she did some upward rows, she looked on herself in the mirror while doing her upward rows. She watched a few people pass by her while she did her pull ups, she stopped for a fifteen second breather before going back into it. While she did that she saw Y/N come into the room, she saw he paid no attention to her. Maybe he did, perhaps he was just very shy.

Y/N picked up some 15 kilogram dumbbells and he sat on a chair doing some incline bench presses, he had his headphones on him, Mara saw his muscles that were starting to rip, she saw he was putting a lot of work in his arms. He was wearing a top that was tight around him, she could see his abs which were starting to show.