Chapter 2

Lucas's pov

'Man when they said it was hot out here they weren't kidding.' I thought to myself as I walk our of the bricks,I can clearly tell Zack is on the phone.

"Anna calm down I'm sure theres a reason why Avery wasn't in school, maybe she wasn't feeling good." Zack try's to reason with his little sister. In all the years I've known Zack it feels like I know Anna and Avery with the zack talks about them. I start to think to myself all years knowing Zack, Avery have never missed school.
"Anna I have to go I have a meeting, and sweetheart I'm sure Avery is fine I love you but some times you worry too much. I will call you when I can." He says his good byes and hangs up and turns to me, he sounded calm on the phone but with seeing his face I can tell hes pissed.
"Lucas I will be right with you I just need to make one more phone call." He said as he puts the phone back to his ear.
"Hey O'ryans I need a favor." Zack says theres a long pause while zack listens to the other line.
"Yes O'ryans I know but I need this, it's my kid sisters best friend." He says looking even more pissed, man hes gonna work us hard tonight.
"Yes Avery, look I need some one to check on her, Anna said she missed school today and when shes worried, I worried." Zack says as he starts to pase
"Thanks man I owe you one, once I get home I will have Veronica make you your favorite pie." Zack laughed 'man if I didn't have to stand here listening to this awkward conversation.' I thought I myself
"Yeah that's the one." Zack than barks out a laugh which in turn makes me smile.
"Okay O'ryans I gotta go keep me posted." Zack said theres another short pause and a grunt from zack and the call gos dead.
"Lucas what do you have for me?" Zack asked. I tell him what was going on this morning and told him that I was informed about our request for leaving being approved and that we will be leaving in 5 months. Weralked about the conversation between him and anna. I tell him that I think it's weird for avery to miss school as well cause from what Zack tells me she gos to school no matter what even when shes sick, which Zack agrees and tells me that why he called his buddy in the police department in his home town. We where on our way to meet up with grayson when zacks phone rings again.
"This is Sargent Roberts." He answered there was along pause and the look of shock on his face.
"What do you mean it looks like shes been beat to shit, has she said anything?!" He yells with another long pause
"Fell down the fucking stairs my ass. O'ryans get a hold of my wife and have her meet you with Avery I want her out of that house, I've had my suspicions about this for a while and with what you are telling me that pease of shit brother of hers did this!" Zack continues to yell balling his fist

"I dont care if she say Santa claus was dating the fucking tooth fairy get her out of that house!" Again he yell but this time he hangs up so there was no further argument.
"What's going on sgt." Grayson asked when he heard the yelling.
"I'm gonna kill pease of shit." Zack says with a scary calm voice.
'This is going to be a very long five month.'