Chapter 3

Anna's pov

"O'ryans what do I own the pleasure of you calling me?" I hear my sister in law. Veronica from the kitchen shes making an afternoon snack for my niece Riley.
"What slow down were do we need to meet you?" She asked with concern
"Oh lord! We will be right there." She gasps
"Anna get my keys we have to go!" Yell Veronica which scars me cause she never yells.
'did something happen to zack did my call to him get him hurt?' I thought to myself starting to panic.
"Anna come on we need to go." V yells from the door.
I grab the keys from the counter I was doing my homework at and rushed to the door. Once I reach Veronica I see tears in her eyes 'oh my god what have I done.' I mentally scream.
"I-is it zack?" I asked
"Oh lord no its worse." She says pulling me out the door. We get to the car and v puts Riley in her car seat and we both get in.
"V what's going on?" I ask worried to know the answer
"Baby its Avery, your brothers friend O'ryans called me and said we needed to meet him at her house." She says wiping tears in her eyes, there more but shes not telling me. Avery lives 5 minutes from us so it's a short ride what I see as we pull up to her road makes my stomach drop. 5 cop cars and fire truck and an ambulance.
"V-?" I ask
"Anna this is what I need you to do, go up to avery's room and grab what ever you can carry." V interrupts me she parks the car
"V what's going on?" I ask again
"Avery is going to be staying with us from now on, Zacks orders." V says as we ge out of the car.
"Now Anna dont go looking for Avery I will handle that, you just go do what I asked you to." V say while walking up to a man I've grown up knowing as a second brother but he didnt look happy to see us, the look on his face looks haunted.
Once we walking into the house the engry just felt off. i tell the officer thay O'Ryans had come with me that Avery's room is upstairs and he nods, we make it to the top and i look to my left twards johns room, for the life of me i have no idea why I've never dont that before, what i see make my stomach drop. there was blood and ripped clothing everywhere and not just any clothing but Avery's, the clothes she was wearing yesterday. i quickly turn my head away from the mess and run into her room.

 i started going through her closet to get what i think avery would like and put it in a sute case, then i go to the bathroom and grabe all of her makeup, shower stuff and her tooth brush and we walked out

i started going through her closet to get what i think avery would like and put it in a sute case, then i go to the bathroom and grabe all of her makeup, shower stuff and her tooth brush and we walked out. as the officer put Avery's things into the trunk I thank him and go look for Veronica. It takes me a whike but i find her still talking to officer O'Ryans, I can tell somethings wrong when I walk up to them and see veronica crying even harder.
"Hey V, All of the things are loaded, wheres Avery?" I asked looking around.
"Anna? oh good your here Avery needs you right now, she wont let anyone look at her." Veronica says huging me, I can feel how upset she is by the way shes shaking.
"come with me Anna Avery is over here, now please to make a big deal of this for Avery's sake she keeps saying she fell." officer O'Ryans says as he leads me to and ambulance that had its back doors open.

"Avery are you okay?" I ask once i see her, I run and through myself at her, just to hide the look on my face, my poor best friend looks like she got hit my a semi truck"Yes Anna im fine

"Yes Anna im fine." she whispers but i know better.
"Can we go now im tired." she asked while putting her head on my shoulder.
"Avery we told you that you have to me looked at before you can leave." the medic says
"And I said im refusing treatment!" Avery yells
once officer O'Ryans hears this he pulls the medic and tells them that shes 19 and that its her right to do so.
"come on Avery lets get you home I bet you want a shower." I tell her as i wrap my arms around her to lead her towards the car, as we get there I see Veronica on the phone while putting Riley back into her seat.

" I tell her as i wrap my arms around her to lead her towards the car, as we get there I see Veronica on the phone while putting Riley back into her seat