thirteen

The boys were distracted so I decided to slip out. I grab the remote in my hoodie pocket as I walked down the street. I had my hood up and sunglasses on, tossing my board on the ground. I step on it, pushing the button to make the board move.

My stitches had healed and I was getting fatter. I didn't like it. I didn't like the way it felt, I didn't the way it looked and I sure ass hell didn't like that I had to gain more. It was horrible. I could feel my phone going off in my pocket, letting me know they realized I left.

I of course ignored it and kept skating to my destination. I didn't like social media so I decided to just take a break, disable all my accounts before finding a place to relax. Which is what I did right before I left. I actually had stolen Daniels hoodie, the green sweatshirt his sister designed being very comfy.

I skated down to the beach, slowing my board as I got closer to the sand. I kick off my vans, not having worn socks since I knew I was going to the beach. I grab my board and head off towards a bunch of rocks near the ocean. I climb up them, sitting up top with my bored.

The view was gorgeous. I let out a sigh, just looking out at the water. The sound of the waves was peaceful, something I really needed.

"Omg you're Zach Herron." I glance over worriedly at the girl at the base of the rocks. I came here for peace, not to be attacked.

"Do you mind if I join you?" She asks. I blink, surprised. What?

"Um sure." She climbs up and sits by me, looking out over the water.

"You shouldn't listen to them you know." She says after a minute of silence. I look at her, removing my glasses.

"What?" She looks at me, pulling her legs to her chest.

"The haters. You shouldn't listen to them. It's all bullshit. You're literally perfect." I blink, blushing.

"No one is perfect. Everyone has their flaws." I say, glancing at the ocean. Her gaze was still on me as she soaked in my words.

"You have a point there. But so do I. You're not fat Zach. You're thinner than my 10 year old brother." I blink, glancing from my sweater clad tummy to the brunette beside me.

"I am?" She nods. Well that kind of puts things into perspective. Suddenly I get a little skeptical. A stranger wouldn't say this stuff. I look around, seeing no one paying us any mind.

"Did Jack tell you to tell me this?" I ask, looking at her. She looks at me weirdly.

"No? I'm literally just a fan. I'm barely holding it in that I'm next to you. If Jack was talking to me too I'd lose my shit. I look up to you guys so much." I could feel my eyes water as I look at her.

"Wait so you actually like me?" The sadness on her face was evident after my words.

"Yes Zach. People really do like you. So many people care about you." I wipe my eyes, looking over at the water.

"It really doesn't feel like it."

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

And the lord said, let there be light