Pain

Draco's POV

I woke up paralyzed with pain. My head felt like it was getting hit with a hammer meanwhile my back felt like it was being carved with a dagger. The rest of  my body feels bruised and broken. Have I been hit with the Cruciatus curse? No.

Inheritance.

I'm a Veela. But it's not hard to tell though. I've known for 2 years but my inheritance only started to kick in 3 months ago. Every day it gets more painful! I honestly need to find my mate soon. The more time I spend away from my mates the pain only gets worse. But I just gotta be a Malfoy and get over it.

I strained to get up from my silk sheets to refrain from me feeling like I am being pulverized. I slowly crawled out of bed while my muscles ached. I looked over to see that the alarm clock on my desk says the time is 5:30 am. I reluctantly stood to take a potion that I made to relieve the inheritance pains.

I got ready for the school day as I normally would, but my body felt really heavy even though I'd already taken the potion. Damn.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

I walked through the Slytherin common room, holding a sketchbook and pencil case, trying to keep up the constant act of 'I'm fine' to portray the Malfoy image.  I got up early so that I could find a good place to relax during the term without anyone annoying me.

I snuck off to the Room of Requirement, using a room with a bay window because it is my favorite place to relax. Near a window that is.  I love to sit by windows and draw the landscape I can see outside the window. But I don't just draw landscapes, I like to draw people aswell. But they have to be quite significant. In some way that is. Like... Harry maybe. I've known him since the robe shop before first year. Spent most of our time squabbling but he was just always.....there.

I began my drawing of Hogwarts from above but, I soon smelt something— sweet. Like treacle tarts but mixed with the smell of fresh grass on the Quidditch pitch. It was magical. I had to follow the scent. I carefully placed my sketchbook and pencil case on the cushioned bay window then hopped to my feet and began striding toward the sweet smell. Once I was just outside the door, I felt the scent grow stronger, more distinct from when I was in the ROR. At the speed of a spell, someone sped past me a scent trail after them. I immediately started rushing after the figure.

"Wait!" I yelled, waving frantically while powering through the halls at full speed. They looked back and from that all I could make out was a boy's Gryffindor tie, green eyes and dark hair. It was all a blur but it was something. That person could be my mate. The Veela pain lingering could be gone.

No more pain.

******************************

Word count: 510

I updated for the two people that acc read it. Thx for the motivation! 😊