PART THREE Chapter Forty-One: Sabrina

In the year 1942, a young couple purchased a large piece of land on a hill just outside of Connecticut. The young couple made plans to build a grand home on the newly purchased property.

Over the next several years, their dream slowly became reality. The home, that they had designed, held twenty-nine bedrooms and twenty-seven bathrooms. They spent nearly all their money building their dream house.

On the day of its completion, the young couple received terrible news.

For years they had been trying to conceive a child of their very own, but to no avail. So, a week before the house was complete, they went to the doctor.

The doctor ran many tests and, on the day, that the house was finally complete, he placed a phone call to the young couple. The wife was the one who answered the phone that day. After she hung up, she sat on their new kitchen floor and began to weep.

The husband, who was in the study, ran to her side. He tried to get her to calm down, but she was inconsolable. For hours the two of them sat on that kitchen floor. The man holding his wife, unaware of what had caused her so much grief.

In the morning, the sun came shining through the windows and woke the couple up. The woman's eyes were blotchy and red, not that either of them cared. She was finally still. The man took this opportunity to ask his wife what had made her so upset. She replied by telling him, through tear filled eyes, that they would never be able to conceive a child.

The man smiled even though his eyes now possessed tears. He knew now why his wife was so sad. For years they had planned on building their dream home and filling the rooms with children of their own. Now all they had was a large empty house and each other.

During the following months they hardly spoke to each other, both silently blaming themselves. At night, while his wife slept, the man would take a short drive into town. He would spend his nights at the local bar getting drunk and then in the morning he would slip into bed as if nothing happened.

The wife would spend her lonely nights humming soothing lullabies in the attic. She knew about her husband's late-night bar trips, but she didn't care.

This pattern continued for the next few years.

The husband and wife both sank into their own depressions. That is until the day that another young couple knocked on their door.

The unexpected arrival of the newly-weds soon caused the once silent home to become filled with laughter. The couple, who were there looking for a place to stay, were exactly what was needed to end the deep depression that had consumed the home.

For the next couple of days, the two couples spent practically every waking moment together.

Sadly, when it was time for them to leave the sad couple who owned the home couldn't bear the idea of being alone in that large house again.

As they waved goodbye to their new friends an idea hatched in their minds. They decided that it wasn't good for them to live in this empty prison by themselves. So, they turned their mansion into a boarding house for people who needed a place to stay.

With the sound of other people running up and down the stairs and their laughter filling the house, they soon began to forget their troubles.

Over the next decade the house was never quiet. The man quit drinking and the woman locked the attic. They considered everyone who stayed with them family.

*OKAY GUYS, WE HAVE JUSTE ENTERED INTO THE LAST PART OF THE STORY. THERE ARE ONLY TWENTY OR SO CHAPTERS LEFT TO ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS THAT HAVE BEEN BREWING UNDER THE SURFACE. 

*I HOPE YOU'VE ENJOYED GETTING ONE OF THE ANSWERS IN THIS CHAPTER AS WE GET TO SEE THE ORIGINS OF THE HOUSE AND HOW IT CAME TO BE.

*LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK IN THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW AND DON'T FORGET TO VOTE. 

*THINGS ARE ABOUT TO GET A WHOLE LOT MORE EXCITING AS THE CONCLUSION NEARS SO BE PREPARED, THERE IS STILL A LOT WE DON'T KNOW...

*PART THREE CONTINUES WITH CHAPTER FORTY-TWO: POWERS AND DOWNFALLS.