Chapter 5

I felt someone shaking my shoulder. I opened my eyes to see my dad standing over me. "What?" I said. "I'm gonna take you hunting." he said to me. I must've looked a little confused, because he said to me, "You know. The werewolf way." I nodded.
"Go ahead and shift. I'll be waiting." I heard him walk down the stairs. I realized that I was going to shift quick, because I could already hear his claws click-clicking the floor as he was pacing back and forth.

I shifted faster than I expected to. I looked at my digital alarm clock. 12:03. I ran down the stairs, my paws thudding as they hit each step. The backdoor was already open. Dad and I stepped out into the cold autumn air hitting my body. Good thing I have this fur coat, because if I was still in human form, I probably would be shivering by now.

We walked about a mile until we reached our destination. I looked around. I sniffed the air. I soon realized that it was our neighbor's farm, who lived about a mile away from the neighborhood. I saw sheep and goats walking in the pasture. I crouched down, ready to pounce on the goat closest to the fence, but dad stopped me. He gave me a look that said we should wait until the perfect moment.

We waited for what seemed like forever. Finally, he saw one that looked good enough to kill. We crouched low, and slowly creeped towards the fence. He pounced first, sinking his teeth into the sheep closest to where he stood. ( it was an old one, so it was going to die soon anyways.) I jumped on it too. We must've made a lot of commotion, because a light in the house turned on. Dad stopped and dragged the dead sheep near the fence. The neighbor opened the door, still in his boxers. "Get off my property, you little sheep murderers!" he cried out. He shined a flashlight towards us, and took a picture on his phone. Then he lifted up a 12 gage and fired it into the air. We had the dead sheep in our grasp. It was gonna make some good eating when we got home! I howled in triumph, and dad did the same. We ran home with the sheep in dad's mouth, both hiding behind trees so we could change after we shape-shifted.

I snuck into the house, with dad beside me, the dead sheep in his arms. He opened up the freezer, stuffing the sheep in their so the meat won't go bad. He washed the blood off of his hands and face, while I creeped up the stairs. "Good job tonight, Nicole!" Dad called to me. I smiled to myself, and burrowed deep under the covers, dreaming about Jack.