Chapter 15

JACK'S P.O.V

I ran a hand through my hair. I wonder what Nicole is doing now. I look at the clock. 9:45. It's school tomorrow but I can't sleep. I walk to my window and slowly open it. I am going to Nicole's house. I jumped out, causing pain to shoot through my legs, but I don't care. I walk down the street, with no cars in sight. I don't care if when I get there she looks like The Walking Dead. I'm going anyways.

When I reach her house, I look up at her window to see her figure moving around her room. I smiled. I got a sudden chill. I rubbed the chill bumps off of my arms and walked to her side of the house. I saw that there was a ladder there, like someone knew I was coming. I slowly climbed up it, and I reached her window. I tapped on it, causing her to jump. She walked over to me. "What are you doing here?" she asked while throwing up the window sill letting me climb in. "I came to see you. What does it look like?" She smiled. I looked at her body. She was wearing pink pajama shorts, a blue t-shirt, and some blue an pink bunny slippers. She blushed, like she was embarrassed to see me with her in this situation. Even she could look so beautiful in nothing but pajamas. I didn't care. I looked at a spot on her leg; it looked like three claw marks. "What's that?" I asked. She sighed. "It's the mark of the coven." she said. I must've looked confused, because she said, "The tribe that I'm alpha for, silly." I suddenly grabbed her and pulled her closer to me. She wrapped her arms around me. She let go and walked over to her bed. She burrowed under the covers, then motioned me over there. I walked over and got on top of the covers instead of under them, because I know it will make her feel uncomfortable. I stroked her pretty face. There was a long pause, then she said, "How come you came running to me and not another girl?" I smiled. I get that question every day, almost. "The reason that I came to you is because I love you. You're smart, beautiful, funny, and just plain my type."

"You don't love me, you just say it by habit."

"When I tell you I love you, I don't say it by habit. I say it to remind you that you're the best thing that ever happened to me."

She smiled and snuggled closer to me. Nicole fell asleep, a smile on her face. I knew she was thinking of me.