Chapter 13

*Early the Next Day*

I felt the warm hot chocolate go down my throat. It felt good. It kinda melted all my hardships away. My thoughts flew back to what happened yesterday. The horrific sight of my dad laying there, taking his last few breaths. My heart ached, I felt like the weight of the world was on my shoulders. Mom was smiling at me. "You look so much like your father." she said. Her eyes were glassy. I looked at her. "There's something your father has been meaning to tell you about, but he never got around to it," she whispered to me. "Well, what is it?" I asked, pressuring her to tell me more. She sighed. "You know how your dad always used to show you pictures of him and a group of men when you were little?" I nodded.
"Your father.... he was the alpha. He broke away from them when you were born. And since your kin to him and you're a werewolf... you are going to have to be the leader." I gasped. I have heard of dad talking about him leaving somewhere when I was born... but I never guessed it would be this. "How will they make me leader?" I asked.
"All tribes have different ceremonial ways... so I'm not exactly sure."

"When is it supposed to start?"

"Tonight."

"But what time."

"When it gets dark."
Mom had a gleeful look on her face. Like she was happy that I was gonna follow in dad's footsteps. I walked upstairs and sat on my bed. I grabbed my phone off of my desk and texted Jack:

'Hey guess what'

'What?'

'Turns out my dad was an alpha for a werewolf tribe and now since he's dead I am going to have to become Alpha.'

'Girl Power! ;)'

'LOL. Talk to u l8r. Luv ya!'

'Luv u 2'

I shut off my phone and walked over to my window. It has been raining since this morning and the ground is soaked. I wonder what it will be like being alpha over a group of hairy werewolves. Oh well. I'll just have to find out later.