Chapter 10

I walked outside with Jack, fingers intertwined with his. He was telling me a joke about a goat and transmission. I laughed. "See ya at school on Monday!" I said, giving him a peck on the cheek. I walked to my car. I opened the door and put the key in the ignition. The car sputtered, but refused to crank. I tried it again. And again. Finally, I gave up. I saw Jack at his Chevy talking to a boy he knew from school. I opened the car door and grabbed my keys with my phone along with it. I walked up to him. "Hey," I said, "You think that you can take me home? my car's broke down." Jack swallowed. "Yeah." he said. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and opened the door for me. I gladly got into his Chevy. He shut the door and climbed in on the drivers side. He put the keys in the ignition and cranked up his truck. I turned up the knob on the radio, letting the smooth jazz that was on calm me down. He put on the heat and pulled out of the parking lot. I called my dad. The phone rang for a few moments. He picked up.
*Hello?*

*Hey dad! Do you think you can pick up my car at the theatre? It's broke down.*

*Sure I can! Do you want me to pick you up?*

*Nah. Jack's taking me home.*

*Jack?*

*Yeah. You know, the boy that I went to the movies with.*

*Oh. Him. Well, I'll get it in the morning. Love you!*

*Love you too!*

*Bye.*

*click*

I hung up. "My dad said he can pick it up in the morning." "Okay." he said, staring straight ahead. He pulled in to my yard. He parked in the driveway in front of my garage. He leaned in towards me. I pushed him back gently. He looked confused. I smiled. "Let me lean in first." I said. He nodded. I leaned in. As soon as our lips touched, I felt a jolt of electricity go through my body. I pulled away. I opened the truck door and stepped out. "Bye, love you," I said to Jack. I walked to the front porch. I opened the door and stepped in. I made me feel safe that he waited until I got inside to pull away.I looked out of the window and waved at him. He waved back and sped down the road. I love Jack. I walked up the stairs and flopped on the bed. I fell asleep, dreaming of the kiss Jack and I shared. I wish I could make it happen all over again.