Chapter 6

JACK'S P.O.V

I awoke to my alarm clock blaring, telling me to get up. I yawned, groggy from staying up most of the night thinking about Nicole. I walked into the living room, which is connected to my room, and sat down on the couch. (I live in a double-wide trailer with my mom and dad.) I grabbed the remote from off of the coffee table, and turned on the TV. I changed it to Channel 7, our local news channel, and stared at the TV blankly. Boring! I was about to change the channel, but a breaking news story caught my eye.

"In Lincoln county last night, a man got the shock of his life. A overgrown pair of wolves was in his pasture," a reporter was saying, "Eating one of his sheep."
"They were pretty darn big to be coyotes, and they're aren't many wolves around this area," a man who looked to be in his forties was saying, "I believe it was a wolf pack from the surrounding area." A picture came onto the screen. When I saw it, I almost passed out. There, on the TV screen, was two HUGE wolves. One had light, almost a chestnut brown fur, the other had dark brow with flecks of gray in it. But, what shocked me was that they both had piercing blue eyes. My thoughts drifted to Nicole's chestnut brown hair, and blue eyes. Then, I remembered the picture she showed me at school of her family. In the picture, her dad had dark brown hair with flecks of gray in it.

I came to a overwhelming realization. Could Nicole and her family be werewolves???