Chapter 16

*Wednesday Night*

I was checking myself in the mirror when someone tapped on my bedroom window. I jumped. It was Jack. I walked over to my window and lifted up the sill. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "I came to see you. What does it look like?" I smiled and saw that he was standing on the ladder the maintenance people were using to work on my roof this morning. I looked down and blushed. Great. He has to see me in my bunny pajamas. Why not just see me in normal clothes? This will probably take him a while to get over this. He climbed in and stood before me, in nothing but jeans and some sneakers. Not the best situation here. If my mom was still awake (she goes to bed pretty early) she would say, 'leave the door open!'

Jack looked at my leg to see the burn mark that looked like three claw marks. "What's that?" he asked. I sighed. "It's the mark of the coven." He looked confused. "The tribe that Im alpha for silly." I reassured him. Suddenly, he pulled me closer to him. I wrapped my arms around him. I let go and walked over to my bed, burrowing deep under the covers and motioned him to come over here with me. He did, and got on top of the covers. Jack stroked my face gently. I felt chill bumps starting to form on my face. There was a long pause before I said, "How come you came running to me and not another girl?" He smiled.

"The reason that I came to you is because I love you. You're smart, funny, and just plain my type."

"You don't love me, you say it by habit."

"When I tell you I love you, I don't say it out of habit. I say it to remind you that you are the best thing that ever happened to me."

I snuggled closer to Jack. I fell asleep dreaming of his smile. He was mine and I was his. And that is all that matters.